QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Amateur Radio Op...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Radio Communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmywilletts

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 20:56    Post subject: Amateur Radio Op... Reply with quote

Hi folks

Been a member of this forum or quite a few years now and visit every now and then just to have a look around.  It suddenly occurred to me that there may be other licencees here so i thought id post in this corner of the forum and say Hi!!  I'm a foundation license holder M6UHU in Cheltenham and use a FT897 and full size G5RV.  In the truck ive got a 10m whip and a dual band 2m/70cm and either use a baofeng or connect up the 897 (it sits nicely between the front seat arm rest and the cupholder!  there's a good 70cms repeater (GB3UK) which covers Chelt/Glos and beyond which is very busy, especially around rush hour times.  I do lots of portable work on HF using the Paj as a base (a few piccies on my twitter account which is my callsign). HERE

Cheers

Jim
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 20:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

m.a.e.

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the club, it's nice to be a ham operator and paj owner too Smile ...in my opinion it's  a MUST to have a pajero if you want to be a good op...the field days are special Smile
keep in touch and maybe meet on the air

73's de YO2MOI
Brightspark

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:13    Post subject: Amateur Radio Op Reply with quote

I agree that Ham Radio and Paj definitely go together. . Currently op from Mozambique and South Africa. I'll post a pic of my HF mobile aerial later. Mostly op on 40m. de Chris - G4HKP/ZS6GM/C91GM
Silver Digger

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping to sit my foundation in September, currently listening in on 10m using a SS 6900n and a 5/8 wave silver rod Smile
AJ RS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

2E0CWW using a YAESU FTM-400/DE with APSR on.  Not using as a homebase as it's fully installed in the Paj using a small rubber duck Nagoya for short runs and the GB3SR repeater, otherwise a 2M only Diamond whip.
73's
GeoffNorthWales

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in the market for another Shgun, then I will fit some radio gear in it this time, good to see some fellow hams on this site
Geoff mw0ati
Pajero Man 54

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I are G7APM and the wife Laura M3MYX. Mobile operation is by way of a Yaesu FT7800E running 50 watts in each of our vehicles to a ž wave mounted on the roof.  Works very well, size of the vehicle helps increasing the ground plane.
Eriba

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to this thread.

Nice to see we are getting Amateur's new and old here, also the fairer sex too very refreshing. I'm either getting to old or loosing the plot as I can't keep up with all these call signs but nice to see you all.

Phillip. G1BRF.
mof000

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to get my radio put into my new shogun(new to me!)I'm also a radio ham although only a foundation licence holder (M6PDM) AT home i use a yeasu ft 450 AT and a Yeasu FT 726r for 2 meters and 70 cms
73's for now Paul!
scarecrow243

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:39    Post subject: radio Reply with quote

Hi all i dont have the radio in the pajero yet  i am just getting back on air  picked up a yaesu ft 450at yesterday  base antenna ocf dipole   dave mm0hgn
Mitsabuchy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Chris MI0CBH here. Just joined the forum. Looking to purchase a 2006 3.2 Shogun Warrior Auto and wanted to know if anyone knew what I should be looking out for. Pro's amd more special the cons.

Pitfalls would be another thing.

73 de Chris     MI0CBH
mw6zanhampete

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ho all MW6ZAN running two mtrs from my mk 2 pajero 2.8 auto shorty around the vale of glamorgan south Wales. Running a yeasu ft 1900 single banded rig into a home brew quarter wave mag mounted antenna monitoring s20, so don't be shy give me a hoot name is pete location io81ij. 73 da de da
Bobbitt

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

EI3GRB ...have a ft857 in the pajero , and usually use mono band whips for hf static mobile,

I'm afraid I've lost interest for the year or so, and have qrt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Radio Communications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: