2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Would you Twin-Tank if it was easy?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jowter
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Project #2 under way  Exclamation
The Paj runs so smooth on heated veg that I'm doing the 2.5
I've had engine speed related high frequency vibration problems for a few years & tried everything to cure it without success. I'm hoping some hot svo will have it running as sweet as the Paj - Boy oh boy will I be chuffed if it does.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 23:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Jowter
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMPORTANT ELECTRICAL INFO FOR TWIN TANK WIRING.

If you fit a twin tank system with a pair electic solenoid valves, one to swap between diesel / svo and another to swap the return line from diesel tank to svo tank or looped back to the pump feed they require a 5amp feed for the dashboard switch.
You might also fit a temperature gauge to know when to switch (and because the original gauge is pants) to svo plus other gaiges etc.
I originally took power from the radio switched live, via a 5amp fuse, to the switch.
I also have an aftermarket temperature gauge / sender and a low-level warning gauge/light for the svo tank.
When switching between diesel / svo / purge modes the power drain/spike cuts out the temperature gauge requiring ignition off then on again to bring the gauge reading back. It eventually blew the fuse so obviously it meeds more current than just the 5amps for the full set-up.
I've cut the power wire to the svo switch and diverted the feed to a relay behind the glovebox earthed to the glovebox mount. Main load power for the switch now comes direct off the battery via another 5amp fuse, through the bulkhead grommet behind rear battery and to the relay then from there up to the switch. The temp gauge does still flick from it's 40 start-up reading to zero but then returns to 40 again and maintains function.
Jowter
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valves, heaters and switches all sourced from Mike at Biotuning.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: