eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Help or advice please!!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sierra bravo

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:45    Post subject: Help or advice please!! Reply with quote

Sorry fellas but need your help....

Recently bought a 2007 shogun 3.2 and after a month of ownership I'm happy so far....

Shortly after I bought it I noticed a small leak from the front drivers side appeared to be clear water, due to the rain recently I've put it down to water just working its way down to the easiest way out etc...

Rang the garage where I bought it who told me not to worry it may just be the air con compressor dumping moisture!!

So I left it at that as I'd had no high temps showing or rough running etc, I've even turned the car around on my drive due to a slight camber to see if the water ran off a different way.... Still comes from the front... Today a massive amount of water under drivers side footwell.. 2-4 drops per second and a huge pool under the car... Again clear water with no taste?

Took a few pics.. Can anyone help??? I'm literally bricking it in case the wife and kids end up stranded and the car goes bang!!

Sorry I can't upload the pics ??
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

VIKI

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

could be heater matrix leak as its located next to pass legs behind bottom glowbox or blockage in drain easy to check just remove footweel carpet and look underneath if you have water standing then its mostly problem with rubber round membrane witch let water in the cabin. To check that just remove plastic cover on bottom frame/sill unclip edge of carpet holders and check if you have water there
Sierra bravo

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Viki will have a look right now for signs of water
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent you a pm about posting pics
tom fenton
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 13:43    Post subject: Re: Help or advice please!! Reply with quote

Sierra bravo wrote:
Again clear water with no taste?

This statement means its either rainwater that has collected somewhere and is draining off, or it is condensate from the air con system draining off. The air con systems can produce quite a bit of moisture especially when its warm/humid outside like it is at the moment.

If it were engine coolant then you can pretty much safely assume it will have some antifreeze in which does have a sweet taste. Its also poisonous so don't go drinking buckets of it!
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photos posted on behalf of Sierra bravo

Sierra bravo

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just checked footwell carpets, bulkhead and the like... Bone dry.

Pete I did reply and sent 4 pics via email-please check your junk mail- and many thanks for the help mate much appreciated.

Tom, not sure about the air con system as it's literally dropped a good litre of water just this morning, I inow what your saying regarding the antifreeze, and although it's got a kick I'd much rather prefer a good beer Wink

Its a head scratcher for sure as it's not over heating, or showing any symptoms of playing up.... Maybe the calm before the storm?
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely it has to be rainwater!

That amount and no taste has to be either condensate or rain - it seems far too much for condensate.

Mine's a mk2 so different to yours but have you checked sunroof drain pipes if you have them? If I open my sunroof I can see a tube at each side, at the front of the sunroof hole - pouring water into the tubes makes water come out just behind the front wheel arches.

The other option is the scuttle panel - mine has a slotted air intake where the wipers are - I think that there is a drain from the air intake but not sure where that empties - has that drain got blocked? Pour some water into the vent and see where it comes out. (assuming you have a vent just in front of the windscreen, not looked at your model closely)

I would get a bucket of water and start pouring it in those places to see if you can get the same puddles as in the photos.
Sierra bravo

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Pete...
I'll be checking out the drainage holes and others you mention asap. Will keep you posted on what I find.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - let us know what happens.
Sierra bravo

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked the lot - sunroof drainage- scuttle panel- etc all clear no blockages.

God knows what this leak is or where it's coming from??

A lot of the lads are saying aircon - if this is the case is there a way I can check it? A test to see if it is the culprit?
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no air con expert but there is no water in the system - the only water is when the evaporator gets cold and condensation from the air in the cab forms on it - this drips out of a drain under the car.

My air con drips but the puddle has never been anywhere near that big! The water would be clean water though - like yours is.

Do the puddles form after it has been raining? - or only after the aircon has been on? Maybe drive around without using air con   for a week or so and see if you get the puddles. If no puddles form then it's not the air con.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing I would do is wait for a dry day and take the truck through a car wash.

Park up nearby after going through and see if the puddles appear - if they do then it is water draining through the car from the outside - so that will discount the aircon and suggest that it it is rain water.

I used to do that to find leaks in soft top sports cars after fittinf a new hood.
jimmybond

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read on here a while ago about something along the lines of its your washer bottle that leaks there.
I personally dont know.
I just remeber on mine the heater hoses that run to rear started to leak.
I couldnt see where from at time but was slowly loosing water.
was fairly annoyed as my paj which is a 96 is still on these same heater pipes.
Its either are weather here that kills them quicker or the just junk parts now.
davembp

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your sills are not filling up with water and slow leaking out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: