eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

6G74MIVEC repairs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tns1

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:56    Post subject: 6G74MIVEC repairs Reply with quote

Hi all,

First of all greetings from Estonia. After some extensive searching, this place has so far been the only forum, where I have gotten some PajEvo info and know-how.

Anyways, now to the point, a friend ownes probably one of the only one (maybe there is a second one, not sure) PajEvo in Estonia. He complained to me, that it doesn't get proper heat to the cabin and etc. After some digging around, it seems, that the head gasket on one side is gone. The coolant is also filled with some "debris" that seems to be some sort of "head gasket leak stop" First I thought, "okay, no biggie, if the parts are available, I'll get it sorted" This brings me to my question:

Does the head gasket match with any other 6G engine? The OE part is not available (out of production) and the local Mitsubishi dealers had to get an history lesson from me, to even know what car I am talking about. I have found only one spare parts guy so far who has some knowledge about the existance of a car like this, but because this car is also not in TecDoc, cross-references and etc. are hard to come by. I haven't taken the heads of yet, because of the gasket issue, everything else for the work I already have. Also nobody seems to have any regular 6G74 headgaskets in stock here, so everything has to be ordered.

So, are the PajEvo headgaskets only for the MIVEC engine, or are they same as some other 6G74. If they are only for the MIVEC, any tips where I might find one?

Oh, and if I am already asking questions: the water pump, is that also exclusively for the MIVEC engine, or something else also fits?

Thank you in advance already!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

MD352449 is the part number you could always google around and see what you can find..
JOHNVOR

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

MD352449.Its the factory head gasket and its NOT out of production. I bought 2 month ago a set....
JOHNVOR

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

MD352449.Its the factory head gasket and its NOT out of production. I bought 2 month ago a set....and is th only for pajero evolution.Its thickier from other 6g74 head gasket....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: