Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Evo Stainless exhausts - group buy

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO Mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pad4
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 0:14    Post subject: Evo Stainless exhausts - group buy Reply with quote

Righty ho - Im lending my evo to Cybox in the Wirral, UK and there doing me a full system including a 200 cell sports cat, 2.5 inch pipe

If we can get some more orders in, they are prepared to jig this up for manufacture and make the system available at a better cost , not sure what it will be but the price is very good as it stands.

I need 4 orders minimum , you can pay a deposit to cybox direct  , overseas shipping can be arranged

you have the option of also having a cat replacement pipe to go with the system if you want to drop the cat out untill MOT time

Any interest ?

Pad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 0:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

alan83

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of system would this be, a mandrel bent one? I would be interested as I think my OE one is going to rapidly deteriorate.
Id be interested to know the cost in order to compare against importing a new aftermarket one from Japan
pad4
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres the Brief from Jerry at Cybox

No one else has offered to do this in years so dont miss your chance - the Futsbuwhatsit cat back system from Japan is nearly 1200 quid by the time it gotten over here and it sounds *beep* as well.... you tube it
NOS EXUP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im interested but would like to know details of proposed tailpipe and gauge of 304 stainless proposed for the system
Also will mounts be identical to oe system - not particularly interested in a weight saving would prefer thickest gauge possible for durability

The cat currently spring mounts to the downpipe with a chamfered seat flex joint - will cat front flange incorporate this seat and will it come with the spring mounting studs or just m12 threads in the front flange ?

What diameter of cat brick is proposed for the 200 cpsi brick and presume its going to be a metallic brick ?

Cheers
Nick
Cybox

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOS EXUP wrote:
Im interested but would like to know details of proposed tailpipe and gauge of 304 stainless proposed for the system
Also will mounts be identical to oe system - not particularly interested in a weight saving would prefer thickest gauge possible for durability

The cat currently spring mounts to the downpipe with a chamfered seat flex joint - will cat front flange incorporate this seat and will it come with the spring mounting studs or just m12 threads in the front flange ?

What diameter of cat brick is proposed for the 200 cpsi brick and presume its going to be a metallic brick ?

Cheers
Nick

Hi Nick

Thanks for your interest. I've given some more details below in response to your questions:

Q -  proposed tailpipe and gauge of 304 stainless proposed for the system
A - We would normally use a 3" rolled in tail on this type of vehicle, however this can be changed to suit your requirements at no extra charge. The tube gauge is 1.5mm.

Q - will mounts be identical to oe system
A - Yes, the system will pick up on the original mounting points.

Q - The cat currently spring mounts to the downpipe with a chamfered seat flex joint - will cat front flange incorporate this seat and will it come with the spring mounting studs or just m12 threads in the front flange ?
A - We would really need to see one first, however we would aim to supply a new cup flange complete with replacement springs and studs.

Q - What diameter of cat brick is proposed for the 200 cpsi brick and presume its going to be a metallic brick ?
A - The 200cpsi cat substrate is metallic, with 106mm diameter

I hope this helps.

Regards

Jerry
Cybox Exhausts
0151 343 0330
alan83

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in this. The only change I would like, is to retain the slashcut OE tail pipe however that isnt a be all and end all for me.
NOS EXUP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul. I am really interested in this and appreciate your time spent to instigate this

My preferences would be if possible

1. 3 inch tailpipe exit. Slash cut and rolled in. If roll in is not possible on an angle cut then straight cut and rolled in.

2. All pipe work in 2mm gauge 304 stainless I would prefer bomb proof to weight saving

3. Need to have high loading on the small brick to work for Mot. Would prefer a larger oval or circular brick. Definitely metallic brick 200cpsi minimum

4. Will this system use genuine Mitsubishi gaskets at the 2 flanges ?

Thanks
Nick
Cybox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 16:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOS EXUP wrote:
Hi Paul. I am really interested in this and appreciate your time spent to instigate this

My preferences would be if possible

1. 3 inch tailpipe exit. Slash cut and rolled in. If roll in is not possible on an angle cut then straight cut and rolled in.

2. All pipe work in 2mm gauge 304 stainless I would prefer bomb proof to weight saving

3. Need to have high loading on the small brick to work for Mot. Would prefer a larger oval or circular brick. Definitely metallic brick 200cpsi minimum

4. Will this system use genuine Mitsubishi gaskets at the 2 flanges ?

Thanks
Nick

Hi Nick
1. 3 inch slash cut rolled in can be applied.
2. Using 2mm tube would require a different mandrel for the bending machine, as the internal bore would reduce. Believe me, we have never had any issues with durability on the 1.5mm, which we apply to rally cars, extreme 4x4's and so on. The 2mm tube tends to be used by companies who use compression bending and inferior machines, simply because 1.5mm creases heavily with their tooling.
3. The 200 cpsi round cats will have a 40g loading, which coupled with the surface area will easily meet MOT standards.
4. OE spec flanges will be used on the cat.

Best regards

Jerry
Cybox Exhausts
0151 343 0330
NOS EXUP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok sounds good

Just need to know that the front flange of the mid section will be OE spec and also the flanges for mid to tailpipe will be OE spec

Also presuming the cat will represent OE spec for the rear flange and the front chamfered seat flange to mate with the spring loaded down pipe joint

OE cat flanges are 13 to 14mm thick

I am interested in the full system but don't have a need for a decat pipe as I want to stay legal

Thanks
Nick
pad4
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can assure the 1.5mm thickness will be fine - in my spare time im one of those rallyist chaps and have used exhaust systems many many times as skid plates , with the evo its up out of the way anyhow so there's not much chance of trashing it UNLESS your doing the Dakar or serious off roading but you would have it protected anyways.....wouldent you?

I'd opt for the slash cut as well, just to keep it all looking OEM spec.

Come on guys - lets have some interest in this, unless your all keen to spend 1k plus on an imported or stock factory system (if you can get them ?)

Paul
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

pad4 wrote:
I can assure the 1.5mm thickness will be fine
Paul

I have a 2.8 with a Cybox fill system on it - 1.5mm thickness is perfectly OK.
NOS EXUP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke to Jerry today and I have sent him some photos as requested of a standard mitsubishi mid pipe and tail pipe from my evo so he has some photos upfront of receiving Pauls Evo.
Cybox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOS EXUP wrote:
Spoke to Jerry today and I have sent him some photos as requested of a standard mitsubishi mid pipe and tail pipe from my evo so he has some photos upfront of receiving Pauls Evo.

Thanks again for the images Nick.

The 3-bolt flange looks identical to the one we currently use on the latest L200's. This also uses 2.5" tube so there's every chance it will be the same. Gaskets are readily available as well. Nuts and bolts will be supplied.

The flanges for the cat are clearly unique and will be a special order. Using Paul's donor vehicle as the sample, these will be manufactured and supplied to OE spec.

Let's hope we get some more Evo owners involved !!

Regards

Jerry
Cybox Exhausts
EVO_PAJ

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id love to have a nice exhaust on mine but shipping one to Australia would literally double the cost, import tax, duty, yadda yadda, but for those a little closer the R&D going into this by Jerry and the guys, you wont get this type of love anywhere else.

Cmon surely theres someone else ?
Cybox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

EVO_PAJ wrote:
Id love to have a nice exhaust on mine but shipping one to Australia would literally double the cost, import tax, duty, yadda yadda, but for those a little closer the R&D going into this by Jerry and the guys, you wont get this type of love anywhere else.

Cmon surely theres someone else ?

Good Evening Australia

As the finished exhaust parts are relatively short in length, it could be worth us obtaining a shipping quote just out of interest?? Where abouts are you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO Mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: