eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Trying to install remote keyless entry

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wondermouse

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 22:31    Post subject: Trying to install remote keyless entry Reply with quote

Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and own a mitsu Pajero exceed '99. I'm looking to add the keyless remote entry to the car as currently have to manually turn key on drivers side. Becomes quite frustrating! Can anyone guide me as where I should look to buy the necessary parts and what the process would be for installing it?

Thanks all!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 22:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's a 1996 MkII so maybe a bit different to yours.

I bought a cheap alarm with central locking HERE

It has 2 wires that goes to the central locking module which on mine is behind the plastic side panel next to the driver's foot, just in front of the door.

If I remember correctly there are two wires on the module that connect to the two wires on the alarm. If it doesn't work the first time then just swap the wires over.

The alarm was cheap at less than £25 but it has worked faultlessly for three years now.

They also sell just the central locking system without an alarm.

Don't be fooled how cheap these are - they work fine. The buttons on the remote break after about 2 years but they sell new remotes for about a fiver.
rich r

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the club!

Very easy to fit keyless entry to a Pajero. You'll need a kit such as the ones from this website and also a door lock solenoid such as this one.

If you take off the door card from the driver's door, you'll see metal rods that connect the key barrel and the button on the top to the lock itself. Fit the solenoid to the convenient bit of metal at the bottom corner of the door and clamp its rod to the rod from the button so it can push and pull the button up and down as required to lock or unlock the door. Then run the wires from the solenoid through into the footwell. Locate a suitable permanent 12V and ground supply (plenty around the fusebox area), and the indicator wires (from the stalk). Connect the keyless entry control box to those wires and the solenoid as shown in the instructions that come with it, and fix the module somewhere under the dashboard (they come with a big sticky pad, so any flat surface will do). Job done Smile

Optionally most kits also have outputs for closing the windows or unlocking the boot (on a saloon/hatchback) - you can wire these up if you like. I've never done the windows on a Pajero, but I suspect it'll need a couple of extra relays.
erebus74

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
Mine's a 1996 MkII so maybe a bit different to yours.

I bought a cheap alarm with central locking HERE

It has 2 wires that goes to the central locking module which on mine is behind the plastic side panel next to the driver's foot, just in front of the door.

If I remember correctly there are two wires on the module that connect to the two wires on the alarm. If it doesn't work the first time then just swap the wires over.

The alarm was cheap at less than £25 but it has worked faultlessly for three years now.

They also sell just the central locking system without an alarm.

Don't be fooled how cheap these are - they work fine. The buttons on the remote break after about 2 years but they sell new remotes for about a fiver.

I will be getting me one of these, if i run into problems, I hope you can help me please Smile
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy enough to do - post here if you have problems.
erebus74

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
Easy enough to do - post here if you have problems.

Any chance of a pic then of how you wired it into the central locking module hiding behind the drivers kick panel? the rest i can do easily, it's just wiring it up properly for the central locking i am very unsure off.

Cheers

Andrew
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to take a pic but it probably won't be until the weekend when I will have a bit of time.
erebus74

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
I will have to take a pic but it probably won't be until the weekend when I will have a bit of time.

Alarm is not here yet, so there is no mad rush mate, and thanks one again Smile
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem
erebus74

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick question, could this alarm be connected to the mirrors to auto fold them in/out as well as to activate the central locking? and if so, any idea how?

Cheers

Andrew
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never tried to do that - I'm in the habit of folding them every time I park.
samson110

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding folding mirrors, awhile ago someone posted a very detailed step by step guide on how to wire mirrors so that each time ignition was turned off mirrors folded in and visaversa when key was inserted in ignition. I was not brave enough to try it as I am carp at electrics, but would pay good money to get someone else to do it for me Wink
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can't be too difficult to do - just needs a relay to replicate what the switch does.

I'll put it on the list !

Still wiring a reversing camera, incident recorder and subwoofer into my new head unit.

And my central locking has gone iffy  Shocked
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiring info as promised last week:

The central locking has two wires behind the triangular kick panel next to the driver's right foot.

They are in this connector - sorry about the insulating tape - but you can see the two yellow wires from the alarm.

The two wires you are looking for are Black/Red (Lock wire) and Black/Blue (Unlock wire)

Earthing one locks the car - earthing the other unlocks it. Test this by earthing one then the other, before you go any further.

The wiring diagram for my alarm shows:

First job is to earth the white and the white/black (common) wires

Connect the Yellow/Black to the Black/Red (Lock) wire

Connect the Yellow to the Black/Blue (Unlock) wire

Test locking with the fob - if the unlock button make it lock then swap over the Yellow and Yellow/Black wires
erebus74

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
Wiring info as promised last week:

The central locking has two wires behind the triangular kick panel next to the driver's right foot.

They are in this connector - sorry about the insulating tape - but you can see the two yellow wires from the alarm.

The two wires you are looking for are Black/Red (Lock wire) and Black/Blue (Unlock wire)

Earthing one locks the car - earthing the other unlocks it. Test this by earthing one then the other, before you go any further.

The wiring diagram for my alarm shows:

First job is to earth the white and the white/black (common) wires

Connect the Yellow/Black to the Black/Red (Lock) wire

Connect the Yellow to the Black/Blue (Unlock) wire

Test locking with the fob - if the unlock button make it lock then swap over the Yellow and Yellow/Black wires

FANTASTIC!!!! Just what u was after and more. top makrs fella and thanks very much, ordered the alarm so will be fitting later in week. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: