QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Bridgestone duellers

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jutwit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:33    Post subject: Bridgestone duellers Reply with quote

I've got these on my shogun at the mo, I know they're a ht pattern but they look quite like an at pattern, has anyone got any experience with them off road?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

On rocks they are not that bad due to more contact of rubber,mud or snow for get it..............

Out of 10 in general  i would say a 6,quiet,not bad in wet/dry and ok on rocks etc due. But last 25k ish,not that cheap and better out there for a few more £

Its a 90/10 the 90% being on road use.
A/T are 50/50 ish
M/T tend to be 80/20 as in 80% off road.(some 100%)

Could they be A/T duellers,i had them??? if so they are ok but not excellent.

What off road use are you planning? if green lanes then they will be ok for most easy to some moderate lanes.
Jutwit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Def ht pattern, just wondering cos there's a full set on mine with loads of tread on them, so be a shame to ditch them, it's only green laning I do now, and normally run on muds, so will keep my eyes open for another set of wheels
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be fine then,dont really go for much 2nd hand tbh.......... for odd green lane they are fine,after all they are capable trucks out of the box Wink in short the truck is far more capable  than the driver Laughing
rich r

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Mark said - they're a road tyre really, but OK on grass/gravel/earth/rocks etc if it's reasonably solid and not too loose. In sloppy mud or snow they're not great when you compare them to a true all terrain tyre like BF Goodrich AT or General Grabber AT2. I've been out green laning with BFGs on mine and my friend with Duellers on hers. She struggled a bit at times to get grip in wet mud, but the 4WD system was enough to get her past. Whereas I just drove through as if it was solid tarmac Smile Full on muds of course are superb off road, but I wouldn't want to take a slushy wet roundabout at the speeds normal cars do, plus they wear quickly and can be noisy.
Johnny Alpha
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who doesn't 'Off-Road' as such - only in the sense that there are a lot of places I (need to) get to where the tarmac doesn't go:

I had Grabbers AT2 on the MK1 - and for a mostly standard truck it reached the places that other (beers) & etc.  Happily run around the forestry even when the big log harvesting machines had torn it all up...  Didn't much like them on tarmac (noisey) and in the wet - seemed to let go a bit when the brakes came on, but... Mk1 drums y'know.    Shocked  

Paj Mk2 has Nexen Radial AT (bargain basement shock horror!!) all around, and they go pretty much all the same places, maybe not quite so happily Smile ...  snow, floods, muddy fieldy type stuff (aka what laughably passes for 'the driveway')- no problems - quiet on the road & at speed, hard-wearing, economical, sensible.  By comparison the Duellers that both it and the MK1 arrived with were no comparison, not much cop in the wet, snow or muddiness...  okay on gravel tho... and nowhere near as hard wearing.

...just my POV - where the truck is an essential and practical daily driver, not a mud-monster   Very Happy
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Duellers on my last SWB - didn't like them at all - didn't feel very grippy in the wet.

I've got Grabber AT2s on my present LWB and they are MUCH better.
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
I had Duellers on my last SWB - didn't like them at all - didn't feel very grippy in the wet.

I've got Grabber AT2s on my present LWB and they are MUCH better.

I had them on my truck when i bought it in 06,so when due to replace i just got same Rolling Eyes  either £90 or £100 for 2,then i decided on A/T duellers,soon after i researched and went for 31s in cooper STT flavour,maybe 11 months went by then 33s,maybe another 12 months then 35s Laughing

Moral of the story,,,,,,,by once cry once Laughing oh and have a plan.............saves a lot of ££££ in the end,if doing a lift do that 1st or 31s too small..........only trouble i had is i did not consider a lift at all................. Rolling Eyes  Laughing amazing how things change,ebay/internet/research/boredom = expense Laughing
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry thats £90 or £100 each and needed 2 ,not £90 for 2 Laughing  Laughing
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't need a lift because my truck is on tarmac for 90% of the time and any offroad is wet grass or a tiny bit of mud.

I just wanted something a bit bigger than the stock 15" alloys to fill the arches a bit.

I went to Charles at JCS because he is only 5 miles from me and left him to it - he fitted 16" steels and the Grabber AT2s.

So now the truck looks much better and it still handles OK round bends (as much as a Paj can handle going round bends !!)
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five wheels and five Grabber At2s for just over £800 - fitted and balanced and with locking nuts.
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
I don't need a lift because my truck is on tarmac for 90% of the time and any offroad is wet grass or a tiny bit of mud.

I just wanted something a bit bigger than the stock 15" alloys to fill the arches a bit.

I went to Charles at JCS because he is only 5 miles from me and left him to it - he fitted 16" steels and the Grabber AT2s.

So now the truck looks much better and it still handles OK round bends (as much as a Paj can handle going round bends !!)

Yours looks spot on pete imho,its one of my fav colours too,now i was similar in a way to you. Again this is down to individuals ,but speaking from me,i was happy for years,that time comes,should i change,should i keep etc,also got more into lanes,loved the look of big boots and lift etc and so it started..............

Only you know you,i think i did well for 4yrs Laughing  Laughing  but a little lift,better clearance,just stands out a tad more from the standard paj............then its what next,bigger boots still,more lift,winch,snork,just goes on and imho as long as you dont go too far it can look Cool and not OTT . My inspiration was artic trucks,44s were never going to happen unless chassis mods etc and of course £30k investment for the works,so sensible mods that did not have a detrimental effect(improved in truth) on handling and drive.........just not mpg but hey,no chance you can have it all ways...........now inspiration of a dream, motor,a lotto win i would get me to iceland...........

love it,might be 40" boots...........not sure if 44s,either way its perfect imho

Dont like the mk3 over mk2............well

[img]http://www.arctictrucks.is/library/275/proc/29[/img]

again awesome imo

Quick vid speeded up of their work on a toyota Cool  Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMyVU4yDXJM

Cool  Cool  Cool

If not Pete,just put artic trucks in youtube and check some vids Cool  Cool of course i would not be surprised if not already,but just in case you have not Wink
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

mk3 pic

http://www.arctictrucks.is/library/277/proc/29
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked into getting some of those big arches from Iceland but they cost half the price of my truck.

The main thing with me is reliability as I use it for work every day - so I've replaced just about every bush and ball joint but kept it standard - even used OEM rubber bushes.

I tend to mend things before they break - I've got Rick coming down to do my camchain later in the week because I can hear a rattle - even though two dealers say it sounds OK. I can hear it - so it needs fixing.

I've only had mine for 3 years - had a SWB facelift before. So the mods may happen once I've got the truck as mechanically near perfect as possible.

I've spent too much already - new wheels - new tyres - new head - refurb turbo - new suspension - a winch I never use! etc etc etc.

They get a bit addictive!
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  they do,hopefully you may get some use this winter Wink  i like my toys Embarassed  just find something to winch Laughing practice and justifies it Laughing

Yes rick mentioned he was nipping to you,was not sure if he had been or not as so busy Shocked

Ricks great,you will luv him Cool great bloke Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: