Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Had the cambelt done today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OFF RD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:55    Post subject: Had the cambelt done today Reply with quote

Crikey! Shocked had the cambelt done on my evo today by a good friend.

Charged me 6 hours labour to do the belt, water pump, thermo stat, full gold service, checked diffs, gearbox, the whole nine.  Really happy Laughing .  Parts were discounted aswell.

Found front bushes are stuffed in the top A arm, priced at $27 nzd replacements.

Will search the forum on a how to guide for this, hopefully I don't have to bash too many ball joints lol. We assume they can be pressed in/out so my friend has said we can use his press.

We found the cam seals had leaked previously aswell, previous belt replacement someone had smeared silicone over the join on the cam seat.  He took photos but incapable of email lol.  Good to have the truck freshened up, new plugs etc has it running nice and smooth, new water pump has her idling nice and quiet.

Purring like a kitten.  Ready for Xmas holidays coming up soon.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

T04GTR

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet. mines up for it soon.
i take it the tappets were ok?

mine has sweaty upper cam box seals Sad already done the tappets. amongst other things.

were any of the parts interchangable to normal 3.5 dohc engines?
ps. the oil pump has the same gears a a povo 6g72 single cammer....
OFF RD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mate hadn't seen your reply.

Tappets were fine, thank the lord.  When pulling front covers off there had been a leaky cam seal which had been replaced in the past.  Cambelt kit came with all the hydraulic tensioner, pulley bearings etc etc.

Is in pretty good knick considering. Has reached 195,000kms now.
T04GTR

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to know.
i just love how you have to pull the a/c compressor off to get the drivers rocker cover off....... Confused
OFF RD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol yep the mechanic was having a good old moan about the compressor.  He was reasonable charging me for 6hrs only.  Had it for two days basically.
Qckslvrslash

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey you mentioned your upper arm bushes were stuffed but you found replacements for $27. Mine are needing replacing but can't seem to find any where did you get yours?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: