Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Skid plates underside of evo?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO Mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OFF RD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:15    Post subject: Skid plates underside of evo? Reply with quote

Just wondering if this is an everyday occurrence?  When buying the truck I assumed it was a factory fitting on the evo. Question

I was looking for a rattle under the truck and checked the sump guard and this plate, then noticed the plate was rubbing on the rear sway bar and be a likely candidate for a the noise, so I dropped the plate off and found the bolt and brackets were very loose on the rear diff.  Then noticed it did not look like precision engineering that's for sure  Mad
Not too bad, but I assume this not a factory part, I understand the old owner did 4x4 regularly and see the plate has certainly done it's job well.

The holes drilled in the front rail have been tapped with thread, the bolts were Allen dome head style bolts and pulling them out bent my Allen keys, I've cleaned all the threads and replaced with new High tensile bolts, I am concerned of how they protrude from the plate though, not that I am going to get rocks anywhere near the underside of my truck lol.

Noise has gone now which I am very happy with.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

alan83

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats an add-on by someone, mine doesnt have that one!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO Mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: