2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Shogun C of C

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nigelm

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 16:07    Post subject: Shogun C of C Reply with quote

We are just starting the process of getting our Shogun registered in France, the information on here is proving invaluable.

I was wondering if anyone might have a C of C for a shogun (mine is a 2006 SWB 3.2) that I could use as a reference.

I am just hoping the process is easier than getting planning consent, the 'what should happen' and the 'what did happen' were very different things!.  

Many thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 16:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Your Shogun will need it's own specific Certificate of Conformity anyway, so I'm not sure quite what you mean by needing one as a reference ?  I have my own 2006 one, but it's a LWB so will not be the same.

I'll keep an eye on this topic so I can help out if needed. Smile
nigelm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daisy,

To be honest if I could get hold of a C of C that was for a Shogun similar(ish) to mine I was going to modify it for my Shogun. As long as it looked OK my bet is that it would be accepted (Photoshop is a wonderful thing).

It is a bit annoying that you have to hand over a big lump of cash for a C of C when you know for sure that in 2006  it could not of been sold in the first place unless it was fully compliant.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, having done 3 Mitsis, one Volvo, one Porsche, one boat trailer, one box trailer and a caravan - I wouldn't personally risk going down that route on something as official as a Cert of Conformity !

Even if you have all the correct documentation with you, it is now impossible to complete registration of a 'foreign' car - even from within  the EU - in a simple visit to the Prefecture, leastways, it wasn't possible to do that with my 2006 Shogun at the sous-prefecture. They took all the documentation away and then contacted me to say the Carte Grise was available about a week later. Whether they checked it or not, I am not sure, but I wouldn't put it past them having dealt at (great!) length with the DREAL for all the other vehicles except the Volvo. If they discovered that you had forged the Cert of Conformity you would be in deep poo and no doubt subject to fines prosecution etc.  If you imported a LHD EU car into the UK I think you would have just the same sort of things to do, and i am certain it would also cost ?

I keep in the back of my mind that if my Shoggy was in UK I would be paying £500 PER YEAR to tax the car, on top of insurance, and fuel that is considerably more expensive, so I do not begrudge the one-off charge for a proper official Certificate of Conformity.

BTW the paper for the Cert of Conformity  I seem to remember (?) is watermarked, so you will have a bit of a job on your hands..unless of course you are up to scratch doing banknotes or something like.  Rolling Eyes
nigelm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it was along shot anyway, I will take your advice and order a C of C.

I have read differing stories regarding C of C, am I best getting one from Mitsubishi France or is the English one acceptable?
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a UK one, ( £120 doesn't sound too steep .. )  then spent ages doing a helpful translation, which was given back to me because it wasn't the original..

I think I did it online.. can't honestly remember, and BTW the change of owner to a UK address in my name wasn't necessary and actually complicated things, just a little, at the tax office for the quittus fiscale.

This is Mitsubishi's  reply to my enquiry - below:
Hi,
I recently bought this car, a 2006 Shogun Field. The car is going to live in France and I intend to start the registration process as soon as i get the V5 back with the change of address - ( it makes it easier to register over here if the name on the V5 tallies with that on the sales invoice ). I have previously successfully registered two UK registered grey import Pajeros over here, one of which is now being replaced with this more recent car. I have owned a Pajero or Shogun since 2002 and I cannot foresee myself buying any other make !
I am going to need a Certificate of Conformity for AV06**G, and I wondered if you can supply this, to save having to contact Paris? Is there a charge ?
Regards,
REPLY from Mitsi UK:
Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that the certificate can be supplied for a single charge of £120.00, paid by either cheque or bank transfer.

Please complete the attached documents. We will begin the process once the payment has cleared. Please note, the process can take up to 3 weeks.

Kind regards

Bernadette

Mitsubishi Motors in the UK  Bernadette Crowe | Customer Service Advisor
Customer Services Phone: +44 1285 647774
Customer Services Fax: +44 1285 647769
e-mail: cs@mitsubishi-cars.co.uk

Mitsubishi Motors in the UK
Watermoor | Cirencester | Gloucestershire | GL7 1LF
www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk | Facebook: /MitsubishiUK | Twitter: @MitsubishiUK | YouTube: /MitsubishiTV
nigelm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks for the information, I have a form from Mitsubishi UK and as you say its going to cost £120.00.

Next hurdle is going to be getting a C of C for my Brenderup Trailer, I bought is second hand and so am not sure of its age, It may well pre-date the C of C introduction.

Thanks again
Nigel
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trailer - what type of trailer is it ? Depending on weight - is may be MUCH more complicated, unless it was sold as a model in France   Very Happy ?. It will definitely require a visit to the DREAL, 86 euros for that unless it's gone up. Where are you based ? You may however be lucky because Brenderup is a well respected make. Cross fingers.

As a start - When was it made, what does it weigh ?  Wink .  Our boat trailer was a bit of a *beep* to register, and the 2005 Box trailer took ages and honestly I almost despaired we'd get there.. - we had to wait for the UK firm ( Blueline ) to get single type approval conformity for all their trailers, which they were in process of doing - in order to be able to continue trading and selling their trailers Exclamation  - this took two years and cost them a fortune. However, they now can sell their trailers with a proper EU Cert of Conformity.  Smile  The UK has only just started getting round to this, because it still doesn't require trailers to be registered.

There's plenty of folks that think it's just a stupid EU law, but having personally seen some of the horrors amongst the boat fraternity who happily trail boats weighing 2-3 tonnes on trailers made by a bloke round the corner out of bits of scaffolding poles welded together with no idea of what the boat actually weighs or what capacity the axles, welds, bolts, drawbars and brakes need to be - I know which I'd rather be behind on a motorway !

Out of interest, when we bought it our own secondhand boat had a stated manufactured weight of 1275 kilos, but the true weight on the trailer ( and I only know this because I had to weigh both the trailer empty and then with the boat on it to register in France ) is nearer 1700 kilos, putting the whole rig at 2200kgs, well over the towing weight of many cars except big 4x4s. Hence the Pajero..

Do please ask  if you need help with the trailer. There are certain dates, depending on how old it is, where you can get away with a few things... like we did with our boat trailer because the regs changed after it was made. A good thing because I had simply stuck a pin in a year of manufacture and scratched it on the plate when I invented the documentation ( before CofC) and I was lucky to have chosen that year.  It would not have passed if i had 'made' it a few years later.. I can perhaps do some research.  

Is the trailer plated with date of manufacture , empty weight, laden weight etc? Any documentation at all ( now there you may have to get a tad inventive.. and yes, photoshop is a wonderful invention indeed ) ?  Laughing
nigelm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trailer does have a manufacturers plate on it with a serial number and weights etc but no CE mark which makes me feel it is an older model. I have spoken to Brenderup UK and they have seemed helpful so far, I need to find a photo I have of the plate (trailer is in France at the moment) and send it on to them. Hopefully i can get a year of manufacture etc.

Its a great trailer, 2.5 tonne 4 wheel with steel drop down sides and back, all 4 wheels are braked which is unusual and it built like a tank. Last tome over in France I was making round trips to the local quarry fetching hardcore. The *beep* always overload the thing and  I saw over 7 tonnes total weight on the weighbridge one trip, the Shogun pulled it no problem.

We are a bit north of you near Nontron, I think this is the same department as you though (Dordogne ?)

I will let you know how we are getting on, the plan is to move permanently next September, but the more bits we can get in place before hand the better.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're in the Gironde about 220 Kms from you - so just round the corner in French terms LOL

Be aware, once you have registered the Shogun, you will no longer be able legally to tow the trailer until it is registered, though you do get a month's grace on a temporary Carte Grise, perhaps up to 4 months if your french insurers will insure it... Yes, the trailer has to be separately insured with the reg number of the car that tows, once you have registered the car in France.

Yes, lots of Brits will tell you to just drive back to UK and get the car MOT'd and keep paying UK tax and insurance ( or even French insurance sometimes..) using a UK address; a relative, or if you have the  funds for two houses, your own house in UK. However, this is NOT legal, and you could come a cropper if stopped by Gendarmes or have an accident. Yes we have been stopped by Gendarmes, so it does happen.

Try to get as much info as possible from Brenderup, if they can't give enough details, you can get details from ALKO or whoever made the bits of the trailer like wheels, tyres, etc, the DREAL will look at it all - or you can declare it constructed before the more stringent regs came in  Cool , which is what I unwittingly did with my boat trailer, but I think the date is in the 90s sometime..

Once I discovered just how much my boat actually weighed, and before we left UK, I changed the axles, the hitch, the wheels and the tyres, to upgrade the capability to nearer the all up weight - it was originally plated at 1600KGs  This was £600 worth, but I had recent documents for most things except the actual box section trailer itself . LOL which was constructed specifically for the boat by Hayling trailers, using the fictional 1275 kilos from the manufacturer !!!!! Hayling trailers said they had NO records and could not help at all - which says a lot !!
nigelm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have managed to get some information  from Brenderup, and they have confirmed that the trailer was built in May 1995.  I believe this is before a C of C was required.

Plan of action is to MOT and Insure the Shogun just before moving to France permanently, get the trailer registered first and then the Shogun. Then I can get them both onto French insurance. I will have to do it in this order, I cant mange without the trailer. I am sure you already know but the delivery costs for building materials is crazy expensive even for a few Kilometers.

BTW how much did is cost to register your Shogun, I did a quick calculation and it came to 1150 Euros, but I was estimating the charge per fiscal Horsepower.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Sounds like you are going about this the right way round, but be aware the trailer may take some time..
There's a cost of a Carte Grise Calculator here: http://www.carte-grise.org/cout_carte_grise.htm

I think it was under 600 euros for my Shogun...

Let me know if you have problems, and I can do it for you - it's fairly self explanatory if you have some French, but you do need to know the puissance fiscale - I think it's around 12.. it's not the same as the actual horsepower BTW. I'll have a look tomorrow at mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: