2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

1996 Pajero Jr. ZR-II brake parts in Canada

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deepdownpaul

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 21:06    Post subject: 1996 Pajero Jr. ZR-II brake parts in Canada Reply with quote

Hello Pajero Drivers,

I'm overdue on brake maintenance for my Pajero Jr.  

The is an import shop in Vancouver, BC which stocks many consumables (filters, belts, etc) but the prices seem quite high. $205CDN set of rotors, $85CDN set of pads.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of possible cross over parts which would work on a Pajero Jr.  

When I purchased an oil filter through this shop the box said Mazda on it so I'm hoping its possible to source a local north American equivalent parts.

Any ideas or input is appreciated.

Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 21:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

t.duchamp

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently looking for new brake pads myself. I am in Victoria BC.

I ordered some from the local JDM dealer, but they were too small for the caliper. I am currently looking into getting some that will fit.

Have you heard of any other pads fitting a Pajero Jr? A north american car perhaps?
BIGWOOD

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to say but I think those prices are reasonable considering the vehicle.  The Pajero's and Delica's have lots of cross-over parts with the North American Montero's.  It's not going to be the case for the Jr.  I tried to look up just brake pads for you and it was tough.  You're going to have to do more homework.  This is what I would do...

1 – use http://www.partsbase.org/ to find your model number, frame number, engine number.  “1996 Pajero Jr. ZR-II will not cut it.”  You’ll need to be a little more specific. (For example: 1100/4WD [H57A] ZR-1, 3FA/T (96M) [MKME])  The exact model number on your VIN badge usually on the firewall under your hood will specify this.  From that you’ll be able to find out what the original Mitsubishi OE part numbers, (IE MR334950 - PAD SET, FR BRAKE. Period: 1996.12.1-1998.04.3Wink

2 – use your favorite parts website to search out those Mitsubishi OE part numbers and their cross-over part numbers.  I use http://www.kakapart.com/

3 - The above Mitsubishi part number MR334950 came back with 119 possible cross-over part numbers.  I would pick a few brands on the list I’m familiar with and look up their specs on the brand websites to make sure they fit.

AKEBONO AN486K
BENDIX 572499B
BLUE PRINT ADC44254
BOSCH 986424713
BOSCH 0986AB2330
BREMBO P54028
MAZDA 1V4E3328Z
WAGNER WBP23487A

Good luck!
ben200451

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like partsbase . org is no longer functioning, is there any other similar tools online?
BIGWOOD

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

ben200451 wrote:
Looks like partsbase . org is no longer functioning, is there any other similar tools online?

try

http://mitsubishi.epc-data.com/
ben200451

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIGWOOD wrote:
ben200451 wrote:

try

/

Thank you very much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: