Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Is it or isn't it......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minirob

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 14:07    Post subject: Is it or isn't it...... Reply with quote

Hi people.

I haven't used the 4 wheel drive function in anger yet on our 1999 SWB Shogun auto. I do put it in 4H for 10 minutes most weeks but I thought since the weather could change at anytime, I would run it in 4H all weekend.

However, the top set of lights kept dropping out (about 4 times). 4H then settled down but the top 2 lights went out again briefly when I went over a dropped manhole cover. After that I had no further issues. I would think its a sticky plunger switch on the box levers due to freezing tempertures. But if the lights go out, is the 4 wheel drive engaged or not or is it just a light/indicator thing? Your valuable input and comments would be most welcome - thanks - Rob.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 14:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

KEVINBUK

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess when the top lights go out, you are out of 4WD. It might be worth checking all of your vacuum pipe connections to look for any loose or split hoses in case the problem is a leak allowing the change back to 2WD.

K   Wink
Minirob

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kevin

The fault cleared but I'm fairly sure it's a mechanical issue due to the fact that the lights blinked/went out when I went over a dropped manhole cover and caused the whole car to shudder. The main question, which I think you answered, was if I lose the top lights is it out of 4 wheel drive.

I only ever put it in 4H for a few minutes every now and then. Many/most people on here say that the 4x4 needs to be used regularly, which I'm simply not doing. I'll have to try harder - Rob
KEVINBUK

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the change will stiffen up if not used regularly ( like everyone hing I suppose) so it makes sense to give it some exercise regularly.

My thought on the vac pipes was perhaps theres sufficient leak in the system to allow a jolt to change to 2WD?

Just a thought...

Glad you are sorted for now

K  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: