Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

PININ Dash Display

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tooty

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 0:30    Post subject: PININ Dash Display Reply with quote

Hi All
New to this forum so I hope I am posting this in the right place, Here goes....!
I recently bought a shogun pinin vivo gdi 2001,  It had no radio in it, so I brought a Harness to convert the wiring to fit a after market stereo which works fine,  but the digital dash display does not work so I am guessing that the display plugged into the original stereo? So my question is there anyway I can get the display working with an after market stereo?
Also one more thing,  there is also a Navigation unit fitted near the gear shift (think original) I see it will play CDs but is it a navigation system??
Thanks
Paul
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 0:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is a way.  It requires removing the display unit and soldering an appropriate resistance as a shunt.  I did it in mine and used a variable resistor which I set using a meter for the right resistance.  You then need to add a button to the display unit to press like you do to the button on the OE radio.

BTW some Pinin versions did not have a display.

All this is just another irritating example of how Mitsy got it wrong with the Pinin.
helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how I did it - I'll pinch it from the iO forum where I wrote it originally .

Clock me to see

I assume your display is like that.

The cowling is a pull off job, no need to use tools and you then see the actual unit is held on with four screws.

click to view

Remove the harness that goes in to the unit  by squeezing and pulling and the harness retaining clip again by squeezing - I used a thin pliers as my fingers were too fat.

Click me to see

There is more info on how I opened the unit to get to the printed circuit but I'll skip that to this.

Click to view

You'll need a tactile switch with a long button and glue it into a hole you drill for it.

Click to view

I used shrink wrap to protect the connections.

click to see

Here it is with the tactile button switch in view.

As always click me

This shows the variable resistor.
DO IT

I would suggest for more detailed info and to read teh info that I worked from you should join that forum - it is excellent for pajero iOs (Pinins!).

http://www.pajerio.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: