Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Independent valuation certificate ...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Club News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heckflosse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

After being offered a laughable £1200 on a mint low mileage 5 year old Mercedes E200 a few years ago I like the idea. However would love to know how this would work with the insurance companys?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 22:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Wychfire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea Simon, I'd be another one definitely up for this if it could be arranged. Also wondering how the insurance companies would react - was the plan to negotiate this with the POCUK recommended insurers like AON, Liverpool & Vic, etc.?
bigbazza

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

count me in too,offered silly money for a low mileged motor about 3 years ago(they wouldn,t budge at all)let me know please bazza
Lee666

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be up for this as long as it would be recognised by my insurance company!!!. Got a feeling though that it won't be
dak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 18:42    Post subject: valuation Reply with quote

has anyone thought of taking out gap insurance i did when i bought my 2.8
it cost 200 pounds and for example if you write off your pajero and the insurance only offer you half its value the gap insurance will make up the difference to the purchase price or so i believe Smile
Crazy dog

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 18:31    Post subject: Independent Valuation certificate Reply with quote

Hi all.

Harley Davidson operate a similar scheme with a UK based insurance company. Maybe worth ckecking with the Harley Owners Club (HOG) who they use for this?

It certainly proved worthwhile when my HD was nicked by some lowlife pondweed... Evil or Very Mad

Ian
1992 2.5 LWB Pajero hi top
bandb666
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 22:14    Post subject: valuation Reply with quote

idea's good, i'd be interested.
Nosboh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 18:23    Post subject: Valuation Reply with quote

I'm up for some of that ,Brilliant idea
Crazy dog

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 15:38    Post subject: Independent valuation Reply with quote

Guys.

Can I ask what progress has been made into this since the topic began? There are insurers who'll do this and from the number of members who have Pajero's, the company will certainly do well out of it financially!

Is anyone making enquiries with HOG (Harley Owners Group). They use a broker in Essex as I recall.

Ian
1994 2.8 Exceed Lwb Pajero
Mork

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah great idea. presumably it would have to form part of the contract with the approved insurures and included on the premium each year. for around £20.00 it sounds a good deal....if it could be arranged.
boylone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic idea Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy - but I'm a little sceptical - insurance companies are a bunch of b*******. They bullshit their way out of anything. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I'm fighting one right now (my own insurance company) where they are trying to say it was my fault when some *beep* went into the back me on aroundabount!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

They make their own rules and regualtions as they go along.

I'll keep me on this thread. Smile Smile

Cheers
Crazy dog

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:42    Post subject: Insurance Reply with quote

Boylone.

Sorry to hear that your having trouble with an insurer over what should be a straightforward case. Afterall, if someone collides into the back of you, their at fault..regardless(Period)

When my Harley was stolen 4 years ago, I was paid out in full, including the after market accesories fitted. Turned out my insurer was Axa Insurance, although I didn't know this at the time, as I had used the broker which most mebers of HOG use.

So come on guys, let's make some enquiries with these insurers please.

Ian
1994 2.8 LWB Exceed
jetskidia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankfaz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 20:33    Post subject: Good One Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea to me.
Frank
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
admag

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definately be up for that.

In Dec 02, whilst Xmas shopping my Cav GSI got nicked, it was fitted with a Thatcham Imob,(if they want it bad enough they can take it from you, it was never found by the way)

Anyway I boxing for three months to try and get them AXA! to recognise the excellent condition of the Veh, with receipts for servicing and bodywork amnything that proved i had spent money on it.
I provided Autotrader prints to prove that you could not replace the car with what they were offering. The engineer thefinger chose the cheapest example on a nationwide search and found a car with higher miles no service history that was their offer £675. If I wanted to pusue any further I would have to get an independent engineer to appraise the vehicle from the receipts I had including the purchase receipt. for £1100
this would have to be paid from my sky rocket, and would only be recouped if I wonthe appeal? their get out was that without photographic evidence they couldn't assess the true condition of the car? BIG ROUND HAIRY BOUNCY THINGS

I had to settle on that due to having a baby in winter time, and me being disabled. Felt like I had been well and truly pottytrain5 on

Hint - Take photos, lots of them, everything, wax it polish it, steam the engine £5.99 against the loss of £'s
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Club News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: