Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Independent valuation certificate ...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Club News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rotor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way used 4x4s are depreciating the valuation will soon cost more than your cars worth!!! checkout www.autotrader.co.uk,guess its good for newcomers but painfull for us current owners!

Rgds
Rotor Sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 15:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

car and coach

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre wrote:
Sad  Yes please the sooner the better. Female reversing hubbies 7 series BMW out of her drive managed to let me get alongside before hitting the go pedal with all her might. Totally creamed all the nearside "doing" the A and B posts and creasing the floor. Hence "not economical to repair." They have made an interim payment and it has cost me that plus £2000 to replace my Paj with one 5 months younger than my original. Then I have had to go about getting alarms,tow bars,wind deflectors etc etc etc fitted. Very dissapointed with both insurance broker and ins company who between them although they term it a no fault accident have charged me £37.50 to alter my new reg for the old which they wrote off! Also been without a vehicle for 10 weeks but still had insurance to pay. Please get this off the ground asap. I have even had BIMTA fighting my case with the ins company but they still dont seem to want to budge. I know how hard it is to find a very good paj, i have just bought my second, i was looking for 6mths to find the right one , the majority was just no good the insureance companies dont take this into consideration when kickin you in the gonads when making an unreasonable offer Rolling Eyes

Pierre
triclops
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds interesting had ageed valuations on bikes through carol nash insurance by just supplying photos and milage lets see if we can sort something ?
rick the biker
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

the term market value is very subjective..yeah by all means have a look in the auto trader..but remember the "mint!" examples you see advertised are er...well *beep*..you really need to spend time looking at whats on offer before condeming residual values..my 92 swb paj is mint and only done some 60k miles..I think its worth somewhere around two and a half to three grand..I have seen the same thing locally but in pants blue and a million miles for fifteen hundred quid. about the same to get it in usable condition too....you really do get what you pays for!
we NEED agreed value insurance cover but not everyone in the insurance world agrees or even offers this for non classics.
IGOR

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok insurance companies pay out on whati s known as the pre incident market value for the vehicle. THIS DOESNT MEAN WHAT YOU PAID FOR THE CAR OR WHAT YOU HAVE TO PAY TO BUY A NEW ONE but what your car would have been worth before it was written, stolen etc.

Modifications to a car add little if anything to its value. Some modifications can detract from the value of a car.sorry but that's the way it is. JUSt becasue your new alloys cost £500 doesnt mean the value of the car increases by £500.

and before everyone jumps on me here, yes i do know what i'm talking about..i work in the insurance industry as the claims manager for a very well known insurance company... and yes if any member of the forum has a problem with insurance claim if you post in the forum or send me a PM  I will try and help out with advice where I can, if that ok with Simon and the mod team
squeek
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

More like because of the value of the alloys the car is more likely to be stolen and therefore higher premiums!!
Rotor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:24    Post subject: Valuation certificates Reply with quote

I`d call my insurance company first to see if they would accept/recognise any valuation certificate, which I doubt in most cases so it would be 20 quid or more wasted.

Valuations based on someones wishfull thinking are pretty worthless, the real retail value is easily worked out from the glasses guide and similar trade publications which base thier figures on actual sales and purchases.
Having dealt with valuers over the years they all seem to lean in favor of who ever is paying for the report.

Rgds

Rotor
Guardian

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Value insurance can and does work very well, provided you use an insurance company that is willing to work WITH you.
I had a classic MG Midget 1500 for a number of years and each year sent them date stamped photographs of the car together with receipts for any work done on the vehicle and extra photo's of completed modifications such as oil cooler, uprated suspension etc so they could physically see I had actually done the work.
I bought the car for £350 spent around £3000 on it and when it finally got nicked and the miscreants drove it under an artic, they paid me out the full agreed value of £5,000 without any quibbles.
flipper
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi simon you can count me in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Club News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: