QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Import 1994 Pajero Soft top on Guernsey plates into UK!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaeotic13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:43    Post subject: Import 1994 Pajero Soft top on Guernsey plates into UK! Reply with quote

Hi all, I am hoping someone can help me! I have a 1994 Mitsubishi Pajero that was imported into Guernsey Channel Islands. I bought it in 1999, and have owned it ever since. I now want to register it in the uk and am trying to fill in the V55/5 - what a trial it is turning out to be. Obviously a lot of information is required from a Certificate of Conformity, SVA, IVA or MSVA certificate, none of which i have. So, can anyone tell me where i may be able to get a COC from and is it true that because the vehicle is now 20 years old, it doesn't need and SVA, IVA etc. I live in the UK full time now, and want to be able to sell the vehicle over here at some point. It is an extremely clean vehicle and has only just done 75000 km - it has the rear fog lamp and the KM/MPH disc changed. Any advice would be extremely appreciated as I am getting completely fed up altogether!
Thank you in anticipaton.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Well, I'm not sure exactly never having brought a Paj into UK myself -I'm sort of the resident expert on importing to France. I would get in touch with Mitsubishi UK, google them for contact details, extol the virtues of the Paj and say you want to keep the car etc. And see if they can't sort out a certificate of conformity for you... post again to say how you are getting along. Sorry for the delay, we've been in UK.. Smile
Simon_W

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DVLA website suggests you contact them for details of vehicles over 10 years old, so I'd start by doing that if you haven't done so already.

I think you'll find that as the vehicle is over 10 years old you don't need a certificate of conformity. What you need is a 'dating letter' proving the original date of manufacture. As Daisy has suggested, if you don't have any such documentation already perhaps Mitsubishi UK will help.

I imported a (new) vehicle into the UK some years ago, and it was much less hassle than I expected it to be.  Smile
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, you won't actually get a full certificate of conformity for that car, but you will need rather more info than just proof of the date of manufacture.
I believe that EU regs are gradually ( and IMHO ) rightly being applied more stringently, and you are going to need weights, etc. especially if that was a model not sold in the EU.

As the car is a soft top, I guess it's model number won't conveniently be the same as one of the ones me or others have done, though the engine will presumably be the same..

Mitsubishi UK, or even Japan, should be able to help.

Importing a new or much younger  car is a WHOLE lot easier.. Smile

I've done all the wheeled vehicles listed below, less the Suzuki, plus another 1993 Paj that I sold over here.
kaeotic13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:53    Post subject: Thanks for your help. Reply with quote

I have filled in as much of the paperwork as i can and sent it off to DVLA - I am currently waiting for their response. I felt that the forms were extremely difficult to understand, however, hopefully they will know what they are looking at! Chers for your comments, I do appreciate it.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Smile let us know how you get on ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: