QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Toshiba laptop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Computer bytes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bob cole
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 21:51    Post subject: Toshiba laptop Reply with quote

I have been given a Toshiba satellite L500_19x.  It was not working  Hard drive knacked,so  I bought a new hard drive (80 gig) and some memory (2 gig) I installed windows 7 and it started up and was working fine, I then connected a wireless mouse dongle into a USB port  ( I hate mousepads) and the screen went off, The lights on the front seem to tell me its doing something,  The is a Ghost on the the screen but nothing readable. Any ideas.

Bob.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 21:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

from memory when mine did that it was something to do with the memory card as a bit of it works the screen..i,m no computer tech but my mate fixed it by fitting a different memory card....but then it died 6 months later with the red screen death...so it could be a memory card fault...does it work if the mouse is unplugged Question
tflnemesis
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a ghost on the screen, it may be a backlight problem.

If the backlight fails the screen will still show wahts going off but it will be very difficult to see without the backlight. Sometimes closing and opening the lid will switch the light back on.

If not the backlight might have failed completely, if so they can usually be repaired, it might be you can just buy the new backlight or might need to replace the screen.

I could be wrong, it may not be the backlight but what you are describing sound like it is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Computer bytes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: