QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Not trouble really - more about gaming on a PC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Computer bytes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:30    Post subject: Not trouble really - more about gaming on a PC Reply with quote

Now that the PS3Xbox360 is dying off I am considering using a dedicated PC for getting online to play games.  There are some cheap so called "gaming" PCs going for under a ton and it appeals to me as I do not want to spend the sort of money needed to buy a PS4 but I need advice on what to look for in a gaming PC.  Are games readily available for PC players?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Brg_jay

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my opinion, as a newbie to the PC Gaming side myself... PC Gaming has the scope to be much better than console gaming, however, it is very "rig" dependant. I don't know the specs on those 'gaming setups' but I doubt they would be acceptable for modern games.

For example, I'm £4600 into my gaming rig, and it plays all the latest games on ultra settings at 60fps (ish)... (project cars, mortal kombat 10, witcher 3 etc.) but I don't think it will continue to do so as the years roll on.

Unfortunately, you do get what you pay for with PC gaming.

Consoles on the other hand, you pays your money, you play all the latest games until the next gen arrive (5 years or so!)
helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brg_jay wrote:
in my opinion, as a newbie to the PC Gaming side myself... PC Gaming has the scope to be much better than console gaming, however, it is very "rig" dependant. I don't know the specs on those 'gaming setups' but I doubt they would be acceptable for modern games.

For example, I'm £4600 into my gaming rig, and it plays all the latest games on ultra settings at 60fps (ish)... (project cars, mortal kombat 10, witcher 3 etc.) but I don't think it will continue to do so as the years roll on.

Unfortunately, you do get what you pay for with PC gaming.

Consoles on the other hand, you pays your money, you play all the latest games until the next gen arrive (5 years or so!)

PCs as a platform built for gaming  are years in front of consoles.
Brg_jay

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100%. I guess what I was trying to say is, I don't think a gaming rig under £100 would be sufficient to play any of the latest games, even on low graphics.
icehawk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i was building another gaming pc,i would definitely go down the second hand parts path,probably the most important part of a gaming rig is the gpu/graphics card.you need to do a bit of research,go on youtube and watch some vids of building rigs.you can spend thousands if you buy all the latest gear,and most is only marginally better than its predecessor,in the end you can pay thousands just to get a few more frames per second,and usually comes down to bragging rights,i don't game my self,but i built the pc for my son,just be careful,as its easy for a build to run away with money as you scan the internet from a endless selection of products. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Computer bytes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: