Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Transfer gearshift control sticker

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgbps1125

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:09    Post subject: Transfer gearshift control sticker Reply with quote

i have a  pajero mk1 and i recently restored it. i need a little bit help with a finding a sticker which is located in the driver  side door
(transfer gearshift control sticker) the sticker that used to be on the door was faded and i can not put it back again,if any one can post the instructions that
illustrated on that sticker it will be a great help.so i can re design the sticker and put it back again. thank you
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

The procrastinator

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.carchrome.co.uk/pajero-4wd-transfer-box-instructions-in-english-122-p.asp

Like this?
rgbps1125

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep but my one is in English. in here the most of vehicles are imported from the Japan domestic market. so they contained the Japanese sticker. but my MK1 is contained the english sticker that they were released to the international market. thats why it little bit hard to find the english one.
rgbps1125

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

and this sticker from a MK2. MK1 sticker is little bit different from the MK2
The procrastinator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you could ask them? And if they don't know perhaps they know someone that does. Even try Mitsi? I'm guessing that you'll end up using the services of a company producing repro parts for classic vehicles, and there are many of those to try. Failing that there are a couple of Mk1's on Ebay being 'parted out'? Wink
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does say that the sticker is in English
rgbps1125

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i know. but that sticker is for the MK2. i'm requesting the sticker for the MK1 which is little bit different from the MK2 sticker.i have the part of the original sticker but i cant redesign a new one because there is some missing text on the sticker.so if anyone have Mk1 please post what reflect on that sticker.so i can redesign it.
thanks
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgbps1125 wrote:
yes i know. but that sticker is for the MK2. i'm requesting the sticker for the MK1 which is little bit different from the MK2 sticker.i have the part of the original sticker but i cant redesign a new one because there is some missing text on the sticker.so if anyone have Mk1 please post what reflect on that sticker.so i can redesign it.
thanks

I purchased a transfer box label from the US recently. I thought it was going to be from a Super Select box, but it wasn't. So I reckon it's the same as the Mk1 label and looks like this:

trekker

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon / rgbps

I see the label refers to an A/T.

On the manual shift, Item 1 can't be undertaken with the truck moving at all for the first time of engagement. Once the truck has been used in 4h, it can be returned to 2h and back into 4h on the move, so long as the truck has not rolled or been driven backwards (auto hubs). The dash lights will indicate if the hubs are still engaged.

dave
trekker

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I haven't missed something on this label, there seems a contradiction between 1 and 2.

Or is my brain out of gear ?
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

trekker wrote:
If I haven't missed something on this label, there seems a contradiction between 1 and 2.

Or is my brain out of gear ?

It doesn't make sense Dave - one says you can change while moving and the other says you have to be stopped. Maybe whoever translated it from Japanese wasn't very good.
skool

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

at might be reference to automatics ?

the other two instructions seem to be at odds maybe because they refer to going from low to high and then high to low as going high to low has chance of damaging box at speed ?

just a guess
The procrastinator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_W wrote:
rgbps1125 wrote:
thanks

I purchased a transfer box label from the US recently. I thought it was going to be from a Super Select box, but it wasn't. So I reckon it's the same as the Mk1 label and looks like this:

Looks the same as the one on my old mk1
rgbps1125

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

since i am new to the club. the site dosent allow me to put any url to the post.otherwise i would have put a image of a peace of sticker that i have.so everyone can get a idea about what exactly i'm looking for.so any one can give me their email address i can send them a image of that peace of sticker and maybe they can put it on this forum.
Simon_W

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent you a private message that contains my email address. I will then post the image for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: