QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Club Shop Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Computer bytes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moju323

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 21:36    Post subject: Club Shop Problem Reply with quote

I clicked on 'Club Shop' at the top of my page, because I want to order some glow plugs for my Paj, but I can't see any parts for sale at all.
I am using Internet Explorer version 11, with Windows 7
There are three options on the Click2Add page; Handbooks, Yellow Diamonds and Pajero essentials ( but no Parts ) ?
Am I doing something wrong?  Is it me?
Not used the Club Shop before, and I thought that I should support the Club by purchasing through the shop, but it's completely blank.
Tried Firefox in case it was an Internet Explorer issue, but there's still nothing to click on  ?
Don't understand, sorry.

David W. ( moju323 )
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 21:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using Chrome and I can see YDs and handbooks for sale - but no parts.
moju323

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 17:39    Post subject: Club Shop Problem Reply with quote

Thanks for your comment Pete in Chad, and at least it's not just me then.
How do I contact a Site Admin directly please?
Just been trying to find a dealer that sells a tool to remove the glow plugs, i.e. a 12mm deep socket with rubber insert, but PG Automotive, Twiggs and Milners all say no.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one HERE

What model have you got? On my 4M40 I just used a ring spanner.
moju323

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 18:35    Post subject: Club Shop Problem Reply with quote

Yes, peteinchad, that socket would do the job, except I don't yet have a socket set with 1/2" drive. Looks like the one on eBay has a hole in the side for a metal bar.
My Pajero is SWB 2.8TD 1994 Import ( 2002 ) 4M40 / V26 type model, Auto trans.
I want to know why members are saying they picked up good quality glow plugs at a reasonable price from the Club Shop, when I can't even see any products for sale ?
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's the same engine as yours - I got a set from Euro Car Parts which seem to be lasting OK.

The Beru ones they sell are good value - HERE - just double check they are for your model.

If you have a 3/8 socket set then just buy an adapter like THIS

I don't think it is necessary to have the rubber insert in the socket - unlike a spark plug, glow plugs have the hexagon near the top of the plug.
moju323

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 19:08    Post subject: Club Shop Problem Reply with quote

Thanks Pete, I shall go for the Beru ones on EuroCarParts, and a ring spanner will do fine as per your experience.
Just need the rain to stop for a suitable day ( no garage )
Cheers !
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 19:19    Post subject: Re: Club Shop Problem Reply with quote

moju323 wrote:
Thanks Pete, I shall go for the Beru ones on EuroCarParts, and a ring spanner will do fine as per your experience.

They've lasted over two years with no problems in mine.

Take care not to strip the threads - the cylinder head is aluminium. I've got quite a bit of experience but a torque wrench is the correct way of tightening them.

Have a read of HERE

Spray a bit of releasing oil and leave to soak for a while before loosening the old ones.

moju323 wrote:
Just need the rain to stop for a suitable day ( no garage )

Same here.
administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

We stopped selling parts ...

I used to sell them at 'almost cost' then people (generally with modified glow-systems) knackered them within 12 months and demanded a full refund.

I lost a lot of money selling perfectly good quality plugs that failed through no fault of the plug.

In the end, it just wasn't worth it Sad

Simon
moju323

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 22:24    Post subject: Club Shop Problem Reply with quote

Thank you Simon (administrator) and I understand the reason for the club not wanting to offer parts at discount, especially if that's what happens.
It was only because several members said that they had ordered glow plugs through the club shop that I had a look. Naturally, I assumed that I must have a computer problem when I couldn't see 'Parts' -  All O.K. now, my Paj is starting well on the Beru plugs from EuroCarParts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Computer bytes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: