QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Additional/ Pre fuel filters

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VIKI

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.delphipartsstore.co.uk/filtration/filter-elements/delphi-diesel-fuel-filter_160.htm does this 1 be fine? I have intention to fit this Delphi double unit http://www.delphipartsstore.co.uk/filtration/filter-units/delphi-fuel-filter-assembly_119.htm what do you think about it? Does this provide enough fuel flow filtration etc as it looks like it could be easily squize under bonnet after moving original unit to the right towards body wing?? As always all advices most appreciated!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 20:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

VIKI

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Above filter hdf 296 have 45 L flow rate does this ok for 3.2 Did 4m41 engine? If not what kind of fuel flow rate will be fine?
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be fine.
VIKI

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just dig out on US seller item description so 45L is recommended to all not electronic or commonrail engines as for them as description stated you will need 50L or above flow, Does this 5L in description makes any real life difference? What I mean does I be on risk of fuel starvation on early 01' 3.2 4M41 direct injection but non commonrail engine? I asking as I don't have a clue if that 5L + makes a real difference?? Does anyone have any idea how to prim that additional filter setup as I can't find any information about priming fuel pump like on top of orygial MMC filter holder /setup? As usually most grateful for all yours good advices!
Enjoymyswb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I was thinking of a Baldwin Filter, B10-AL BSP Fuel filter housing and bowl. High Flow Rate around £40 and not too big, will need to make up some suitable fixings.

Other alternative I guess is just to have a second standard mitsubishi filter of the same type, not sure how restrictive the flow would be, but just a thought easy to fix and line up and would also look right in the bay.
VIKI

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd MMC filter could be too restricted for fuel flow plus you don't have clear view on level of water debris in fuel and with that filtration will quite poor I assume as filtration is done by paper filter insert so it will be down on performance with water in it...??
VIKI

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chances for a link to your Baldwin filter?
Enjoymyswb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try

http://www.partsandfilters.co.uk/baldwin-filter-b10al-fuel-filter-housing-bowl-p-648.html

These filters are usually used for tractors etc so have fuel flow capacity and not too big.
VIKI

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good Wink only little weak point is flow rate at 25 which I was told by seller of delpfi so for direct injection engine will be too low as you will need 45l/h + speed fuel flow.
Enjoymyswb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flow rate is 25gph so about 120 litres an hour so should be fine
VIKI

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right! I was assuming so 25 it's a flow rate Wink
Enjoymyswb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

The farmer up the road has one on each of his tractors and swears by them especially when he got water in his fuel storage,  personally not come across the male before but seem reasonably price, and after making a couple of fixing should sit well and I like the clear bowl😊😃
VIKI

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too thats why I was thinking about double filters with transparent bottom bowl for quick water removal Wink
VIKI

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just get confused as I get info off ebay seller so Delphi HDF296 it's 45 L per hour rated and so that be fine on engines up to 6. 0ccm? Any more light on that?
Enjoymyswb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no expert on flow rates but maybe Assassin can help a little further.

From what I have read a flow rate of 50plus litres per hours should work fine for a engine such as ours, however anything below this could be ok but, could also be marginal showing symptions such as poor tickover, stalling and starting whilst the engine hunts for fuel.

Now where my education falls down is, if a flow rate of filter  1 is 50 lph and flow rate of filter 2 is 50 lph, would you get a total of 50 lph flowing through to the end connection, ie a linear effet, or does it reduce from filter to filter, feels like it should reduce but may not be the case.

Therefore I think I need a technical expert!! Assissin......Smile

If flow does reduce from filter to filter, my thought process is to have a high capicity one first doubling the required flow rate so when it gets to the second filter it still comes through at the right level

If the flow does not reduce then a filter with a flow of 45lph may just be enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: