Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Additional/ Pre fuel filters

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VIKI

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm obviously not a expert as well Wink but from that what I know if you have 2x filters with flow rates at 40 you get 40 on exit port as flow rate is description how restricted filtration insert is and all flow rate "loses " are marginal as far as I know Confused But as you I will hold off awaiting for assassin "expertise "judgment Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 15:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Enjoymyswb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, which means outside of having a nice clear bowl, no reason why you could not run to MItsubishi filters in paralell.
VIKI

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

On different forum I think so it was Russian owners club guys fit 2 filters on which 1st was some kind of tractor /h.digger and 2nd was original MMC one not like in UK MMC value which again different forum are really overpriced and low quality when compared with good quality OEM like kneht, mahle, filtron but true MMC. At this moment I think so we need to wait for assassin to come around and advice Sad
Mike terra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 15:58    Post subject: fuel sludge Reply with quote

Just to add an extra line - we have a lot of trouble with DIESEL FUEL ALGAE, especially with used tractors that have come from the UK. incredulous as it may seem yes there is an ALGAE type of slime that plays havoc with fuelsystems especially if they once were running on a vegetable base diesel even if only for a very short time. Look up diesel algae on the Internet it is very well documented.
trekker

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, algae in diesel is well known, it's what diesel fuel treatment addresses. Pretty much all auto shops sell it here, Wynes and Spanyard (excuse the miss spelling) being one of these many.
VIKI

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other opinions, suggestions on subject which if any extra filter will help in pump preservation? Does anybody knows what is standard fuel filter flow rate?
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

For normal engines you need a flow rate of 50 LPH and common rail needs 65 LPH to allow for severe working conditions, figures normally quoted are based on the fact they are drained regularly and don't become clogged.

The OP wanted them as a pre-filter arrangement which means they should be fitted before the original filter which should be left in place.

Never run them in parallel, if used as a pre-filter it may potentially let larger particles than the original filter will let through, the idea is to separate larger particles and water out to prevent them clogging up the main original filter.

Algae forms where a reasonable quantity of water is in the fuel tank, normally it isn't a problem on automotive applications as they use fuel regularly and recirculate warm fuel back to tank, however diesel bug (algae) can form where a vehicle is stood for a period; its a common problem on boats where they are in damp environments and diesel bug sits and multiplies where the diesel meets the water where it floats on it, the bug feeds off the diesel.
Diesel bug is easily overcome by understanding how it forms, water/moisture laden air sits above the fuel and when temperatures change and the air cools it forms condensation on the sides of the fuel tank, over time this moisture forms minute droplets which run into the fuel by running down the side of the tank and finds its way to the bottom of the fuel tank as diesel floats on water, keeping your fuel tank full in winter or damp periods id usually sufficient to stop it becoming a problem by reducing the air space, thus the amount of damp/moisture laden air to form into water droplets.
VIKI

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for this information about flow rate. You are most helpful person dear Assassin!  Happy Christmas and nice weekend!
maesmelan

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did any of you end up fitting any of these pre filters? I'm looking at fitting one before the existing filter. Probably the Delphi 296 with dual glass bowl. Fitting new filler pipes and sealing the inside and outside of the tank. All pipes were corroded and tank was too. Had a IJ Pump scare and feel I need to protect the system as much as possible whilst making sure to change the fuel filter very frequently.
Dan greyhound

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi maesmelan
I’ve just put a Vetus water separator filter on mine pre fuel filter which is the same as I use on my house boat which runs a 4.2l Isuzu diesel and works a treat picked it up from midlands chandlery hope this helps.... oh and the diesel bug treatment they do is great I use the green coloured one can’t remember the name but it’s on there site if I find the bottle I’ll put up a pic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: