eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

V8 rick the legend!

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> V8 Rick - RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 22:05    Post subject: V8 rick the legend! Reply with quote

Hi all, this is for rick, he is very ill right now and cant go into details and thought it would be nice if we could share some stories. He is a legend and helped us out countless times over the years, be it rain,snow, you name it , he has been there for many. He has saved 100's of Pajeros and other peoples transport over the years and nothing short of a true legend in many ways, away from here too.

He has come to the rescue many times, from working in the snow removing my engine, to helping me when i broke down outside the little ones school. Many trips up rivi, just would never be the same with out rick. He is salt of the earth and has been like a father to me,

Please share some stories for him and Julie who i hope will read to him.

Funny, serious, forgetting to tighten something up............dont care as long as a great memory.

Look forward to your little stories, please share them with us all and hopefully the mods will make a sticky so its never lost. <---  Done  Wink - Mark xx

Thank you all, this means the world!  I will add some pics and some vids along the way, please share yours if you have some Very Happy

Just a side note, please dont try ringing or contacting him although i know its only natural. This was not an easy decision to ask for this and just want it to Julies discretion to pass on stories, please understand that side which i know you all will. I know the last thing they need right now is lots of calls or texts and think this is the best way to get stories to him and hopefully bring a smile and a laugh............if i am wrong please say so and can change the thread or delete!

Thanks again
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 22:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is one trip up rivi, the gaylander only just made it up!! clutch nearly burnt out 1/2 way but managed to limp it up. Guess who cam to the rescue checking the clutch fluid........

venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually camera shy but rick like the odd pose, his baby here
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little rivi run in his paj
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNaVHziWQHc
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

v8rick following me up rivi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYIx_qpAVtM
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course a little run up rivi is followed by a cheeky pint, gegs looks buzzing about it Laughing
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think rick could be taking the pi55 here

Laughing
Simon_W

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a lovely idea Venn.  congrats
I don't know Rick, but it would be great if those who do could bring a smile to his face with some stories and pictures. I look forward to reading them, too.  Smile
mark dale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

stickied ...

never have met Rick or Yourself either Venn  - but appreciate all the info, help and input on here, and have recommended Rick countless times to folks to do work, as I've seen the reviews.

Sorry to hear he's not well -  love to ya Rick matey xx

Mark " quite near but never got up Rivi for yer meets " Dale
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mark, really appreciate it Cool
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_W wrote:
What a lovely idea Venn.  congrats
I don't know Rick, but it would be great if those who do could bring a smile to his face with some stories and pictures. I look forward to reading them, too.  Smile

Thanks Simon, me too

Please guys bring some stories on, he may be a god of mechanics, but he must have made some classic bloopers Laughing
jonny ramrod

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 0:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know Rick, but from experience i know anything to bring a smile to your face can only help things. Looking forward to some good stories to cheer him up
Simon_W

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

venn105 wrote:

Please guys bring some stories on, he may be a god of mechanics, but he must have made some classic bloopers Laughing

Maybe other people's classic bloopers would also give him a laugh?

I'll start it off. I had put my Discovery TD5 up on ramps to underseal it.  Rather than reverse up the ramps, I'd tucked them in under the front of the rear wheels and drove up forwards. The only problem was when I got back in to drive it off, I totally forgot. So I put the lever in 'D' and drove forwards again. An almighty bang and a jolt and my Disco was skewered on two up-ended ramps, with both rear wheels off the ground.  Shocked  It's not a mistake I will ever make again.   Embarassed
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing thanks Simon. , keep em rolling ...... Razz
venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember driving to rivi on a little Sunday meet,  did not notice anything untowards at all . Pulled down the lane leading to the bottom car park and up to the next car park. Gegs and Rick stood their with a strange look on their face watching every move I made. Thought here we go, watching my reverse park ....no pressure

Missing expletives " it's like a ****** steam train pal "Rick said. What , "start it up again" I did and more steam out of the exhaust than a train . Head gasket gone and gone in a big way!!! So I spent the time filming others up on the run, with the piece of mind Rick was sorting it out.

"Yul be reet pal,should get ya to mine that" erm you sure Rick, can just get it on the back of a truck if better". "Nah pal be reet"

Well he was "reet" got me to the end of that road anyway before it went kaput ! Laughing

Told them all to go and I'll wait for breakdown. Couple of hours later it came and ricks add was given. It stayed there for a good while, maybe 3 weeks . Every time he had it, he would lend me one of his motors at the time and got to drive all kinds because of this Cool

He loved my old truck....hated it to  Laughing  since the big boots and lifts he struggled to get under the bonnet and often improvised with a box to stand on!!!

Pics to be dug out later when home!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> V8 Rick - RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: