Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Help & Information Required

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevoJunior

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:48    Post subject: Help & Information Required Reply with quote

Hi There Junior owners,

I have just bought a 1996 junior automatic and would like some information and help if any of you out there can give it.

Which Haynes manual do I need to do basic servicing / repairs to the car?

I have no roof bars fitted to my Junior, can I still fit a roof rack and if so where do I get the correct one from?

If I want to fit a winch will a 2500lb one be good enough as the weight of the car is suppossed to be 2000lbs or should I go bigger

What are the best off road tyres to fit?  I do not have a suspension or body lift the car is standard.

Are there any garages / workshops in the East Anglia region that might take on modifications to the car?

Lastly, if there are any Junior owners in the East Anglia / Cambridgeshire region who would like to meet to discuss Juniors please get in touch, besr regards Stevo (Newbie)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Jutwit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can only comment on the winch, for your junior I would be looking at about a 9000lb winch if it was me, cos if your stuck in mud, sand etc a 2500lb winch will pull  it lovely on a nice flat Tarmac road but it's not just the weight of the car you got to move when your pulling it through mud or sand and the resistance can be huge. Just think of a stuck welly in mud, that's hard enough to get out, yet alone a car.
StevoJunior

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:09    Post subject: Winch Reply with quote

Ahh yes didn't think of that.

9000LB it is then.  Can such a winch be wired into the car battery or do I need a separate power source for the winch?

Stevo
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you use the truck battery - and you need heavy wiring.

Have a read through THIS

There is a lot of current so you need heavy cables ot they will just melt.

Roof racks can be got which clamp onto the roof gutters (if you have gutters on yours) - Mine were from Thule.
StevoJunior

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:50    Post subject: Winches & Roof Racks Reply with quote

This will sound odd but I dont know if my Junior has roof gutters or not yet as I havnt even seen the car yet.

I bought it from Ebay but I am working in the Middle East so wont see the car until March when I get home.

From the pictures that were on Ebay it does not look like it has roof gutters but its a 1996 ZR mark 1 so maybe you will know if it has them or not.

Thanks for the advice on winches, where do you keep this lorry battery in the back of the car?
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's got twin batteries (it was a factory option)

You can use the standard battery with a 9500lb winch but keep the engine running when winching.
StevoJunior

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 15:41    Post subject: Twin Batteries Reply with quote

OK thanks for the help.

It looks like you have a standard Pajero.

Mine is a Junior so I have no idea if there is space under the bonnet for a second battery but if I get a high powered one and keep the engine running when winching I should be good to go.

Thanks again Stevo
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - mine's a normal Pajero with a 15,000lb winch - the twin batteries handle it OK.

It is normal practice to keep the engine running when operating the winch.
helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 19:46    Post subject: Re: Help & Information Required Reply with quote

StevoJunior wrote:
Hi There Junior owners,

I have just bought a 1996 junior automatic and would like some information and help if any of you out there can give it.

Which Haynes manual do I need to do basic servicing / repairs to the car?

What are the best off road tyres to fit?  I do not have a suspension or body lift the car is standard.

)

I guess by now you have discovered there is no manual apart from a Russian one and kits and accessories are almost non existent.

I can say that the motor seems very capable from what I have seen online.
maddog1001

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiya  
i have recently bought a pajero junior too and would welcome any info on servicing repairs etc   i am looking for an online manual and will send you a message of i find one that is correct
helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

maddog1001 wrote:
hiya  
i have recently bought a pajero junior too and would welcome any info on servicing repairs etc   i am looking for an online manual and will send you a message of i find one that is correct

Ooooh nice.  Pictures??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: