eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

LHD Evo for continental Europe

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cebe

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 18:22    Post subject: LHD Evo for continental Europe Reply with quote

Hello to everybody on the Forum, just joined from Switzerland.

I have been an EVO fan for a long time and even tested a LHD with tiptronic a number of years back, but did not come around to purschase it.

Now I got again the interest and I have located another LHD with the very rare manual (that I would probably prefer).

A couple of questions for the experts:

-are the LHD (needed for simplicity of use on the continent) conversions, or they were originally produced by Mitsu?
-what to look for specifically in a LHD EVO to make sure the conversion was done correctly?

I know that at least some LHD are conversions, but I was not able to figure out who did them back in the day.

A manual LHD must be a very unusual beast indeed, probably there must be less than 50 around overall, I guess.

The car was originally sold in march 1998 in UK and imported into Portugal in 2005.
I am curiouse as to why a LHD conversion was sold in UK, unless modified in 2005.

Not much documentation available, but the car looks nice in pictures and apparently has original rims.

Thanks for any feedback.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 18:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

cebe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently not much activity on this Forum ...

I run an HPI chech on the old UK registration and there is no negative evidence: not stolen or wrecked.

Three owners (or tags) in UK before export to continent and presumably LHD conversion by Ralliart Portugal.

Total current km appear to be 65k and not inconsistant with low wear of front seats.

It appears to had last service at 63k km with new 0W60 oil: is this the correct type?
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - welcome to the club.

The Evo is quite a rare vehicle and there are only a few member on here who know anything about them.

Hopefully one of them will see your post soon.
cebe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pete.

I hope some expert can elaborate about the LHD conversion and what to look for to avoid trubles.

Also I would be interested to understand if Mitsubishi can issue an European Certificate of Conformity for such vehicles (the PajEvos) as it is apparently required in order to import and register in my country.

Cheers
Vinson158

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
Paj Evo is available only with right-hand drive. It produced about 2,500 units, as evidenced by the catalog. Evo had first number V55-4400101.
Catalog Oil 5 (10) W30, then guided the climate and the rigidity of operation.
cebe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vinson and congratulation on your EVO.

Yes, the old fashion 10W-30 looks more the standard oil for a 1990s engine.

I have placed an enquiry with Mitsubishi in my country to verify if they can provide a CofC in order to enable me to road register ... otherwise there will be no chance.
The only other option would be to get a CofC from the country where the car was originally road registered in Europe, that is UK: but this looks even more difficult.

We will see ...
dervmonster
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinson158 wrote:
Hello!
Paj Evo is available only with right-hand drive. It produced about 2,500 units, as evidenced by the catalog. Evo had first number V55-4400101.
Catalog Oil 5 (10) W30, then guided the climate and the rigidity of operation.

Also all were made within a 3 month period, august through October,  1000 in white, 1000 in silver and 500 in red, the rarest ones are red.Facebook
Vinson158

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet here is a an instance of the recently came from Japan
dervmonster
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinson158 wrote:

Yet here is a an instance of the recently came from Japan

I stand corrected then.Arrow laughing5
PHILmeister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some black ones as well. I've been watching the auctions for a few years and have seen two in all that time. Also saw one gray one too, like above. I thought they were painted, but the firewall plate bore the correct paint codes. Not sure if they were a few abberations for custom orders, or if they ran out of satellite silver one Friday afternoon? LOL. In any event, can't help with your original question about the LHD's, but sounds like you've got that answered.

Phil
dervmonster
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHILmeister wrote:
There are some black ones as well. I've been watching the auctions for a few years and have seen two in all that time. Also saw one gray one too, like above. I thought they were painted, but the firewall plate bore the correct paint codes. Not sure if they were a few abberations for custom orders, or if they ran out of satellite silver one Friday afternoon? LOL. In any event, can't help with your original question about the LHD's, but sounds like you've got that answered.

Phil

Looks that way but still looks like a nice dark shade of silver to me lol  Laughing
dervmonster
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:50    Post subject: Re: LHD Evo for continental Europe Reply with quote

cebe wrote:
Hello to everybody on the Forum, just joined from Switzerland.

I have been an EVO fan for a long time and even tested a LHD with tiptronic a number of years back, but did not come around to purschase it.

Now I got again the interest and I have located another LHD with the very rare manual (that I would probably prefer).

A couple of questions for the experts:

-are the LHD (needed for simplicity of use on the continent) conversions, or they were originally produced by Mitsu?
-what to look for specifically in a LHD EVO to make sure the conversion was done correctly?

I know that at least some LHD are conversions, but I was not able to figure out who did them back in the day.

A manual LHD must be a very unusual beast indeed, probably there must be less than 50 around overall, I guess.

The car was originally sold in march 1998 in UK and imported into Portugal in 2005.
I am curiouse as to why a LHD conversion was sold in UK, unless modified in 2005.

Not much documentation available, but the car looks nice in pictures and apparently has original rims.

Thanks for any feedback.

I run Castrol edge 15w-60
cebe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:46    Post subject: Finally I found the one Reply with quote

Hello,

looks like I finally found the one I will probably purchase (I got a verbal agreement with the official Mitsu garage that has it for sale).

Manual gearbox with LHD conversion, very late VIN number one of the last one produced V55-4402607.
Color is standard white.

Total km are about 100.000 and they look correct for the general wear of the car.

Hopefully I will not have much trouble in getting the German TUV and subsequent road registration.

One general questions to the owners: what would you advise as the start-up maintenance for this newly acquired car that apparently does not have a documented maintenance history?

Shall I go immediately for the cam-belt and water pump replacement, just to be safe?
I got the Owner's Manual in English, but it is not very helpful on this regard.

Thanks for your suggestions.
riceboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure the nut on the crank pulley is locktight on. they can come loose..........
suspension bushes will probably need renewing. Vinson can help you with that.
cam belt should be done for sure.
otherwise they are reliable vehicles. Had mine for 10 years and drove it every day for 8 years with no problems.
cebe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advise.  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: