2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

AVOID THIS GUY !!!! Joe Collins Shotton Colliery Co Durham-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taraswolf

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:52    Post subject: AVOID THIS GUY !!!! Joe Collins Shotton Colliery Co Durham- Reply with quote

OK, so after being well and truly skanked by a PIKEY dealer in SHOTTON COLLIERY I would advise giving this guy a wide bearth!

His name JOE COLLINS-mild irish accent-
His Ebay ID id: emmmcphe-6 (this is on his site atm: ebay item number 112198313993)
His Mobile Number: 07491 444302
Post Code he gave for me to collect the car was DH6 2PD (this was BURNS Terrace, Shotton Colliery Co Durham) I went back to this house following day he DID NOT LIVE THERE!!!

Story goes i replied to a Gumtree add for a 2.8 LWB Pajero in excellent/mint condition the add stated to contact him on the above number so I txt him asked if the car is as it should be engine/gearbox/electrics ect his reply its mint he had taken it in px on one of his more expensive land rovers and he had been using it for just over a week as his run around vehicle but as it was a cheap px as he put it he just wanted it gone price was £1295, so Thurs evening i arranged with him to view it friday dinner time but he said txt me before you set off.
So 1pm txt him to say im about to set off (45 min drive) he says not home yet give me another hour and txt me !!!! ere we go ! 2pm txt him got same answer! 3pm same answer 4pm same answer so now its pitch black dark 5pm yes he says come now.
SO gets there as i pull up behind the Pajero he gets out of a 15reg white SWB Shogun (bells should of rung but didn't) he says oh help yourself have a look round it while he goes in house to get keys log book ect and off he goes down the path to the house, few mins later he appears with keys and log book ect, has a look around the car looks fine i askes for a drive he says NO i will drive you unless i have insurance in my hand for him to look at which i didn't i got a quote all sorted said IF i buy the car i will phone and activate insurance, anyways we go around this estate for 5 mins car feels/sounds fine from passenger seat so i pays for the car and the Mrs follows me home in our other Pajero.
Gets home fine about 38 miles mostly flat duel carriageway, next morning takes the Mrs to work over the moors gets there fine on the way home
after leaving her works its a long 2-3 mile drag up hill onto the top of the moors and just as i gets to the top i sees the temp going up and steam comes out of the bonnet so pulls up looks and sees the water in the expansion tank just boiling away so phones RAC he turns up 2 hrs later fills it with water but also says it looks like previous owner has had a lot of work done on cooling system as in new water pump and stat as there was new gasket sealer new hoses and jubilee clips on every thing, anyways drives it home and at this point its done 50 odd mile since we bought it.

Gets home phones the guy we bought it from he just said BOUGHT AS SEEN F*** OFF and puts phone down ......
My Bro has a big car garage so i talked to him he traced this guy just by his mobile number and for the first time i had his name he also found out he had 3 caravans burned out on his drive in FEB this year so our lad said Wonder why eh lol take it im not the 1st or the last being ripped off.
Mrs gets home later i tell her whats happened so its tears upset and all that, anyways i go out and she phones him calls him by his name and he just basically tells her tough s*** its your own fault you were ripped off and F Off again but later he calls our lass back shouting and screaming WHERE DID YOU GET MY NAME FROM and what he is going to do to us if he hears from us again ect ect she tells him oh its on Facebook  and your mobile is tied to your Facebook account ect which he totally denies! funny its the same guy on it that sold me the car but HEY HO....
We have been onto citizens advice and Trading standards and also to the Police all saying the same thing its a civil matter and they need his private home address to go further which we dont have and now the Mrs says she wants no more to do with it so we bit the bullet spent nearly as much on new parts and repair as it cost us...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

scoots

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is an unfortunate lesson u have learned and all be it costly but I hope ur truck now serves u well....its always a gamble buying an old motor and you very rarely get any warranty or guarantee....atb for the future and long may the paj live.. Wink
hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it this lot....link
Taraswolf

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

hutchy wrote:
is it this lot....link

Yep thats one of them soi m told and wonder why that lot got burnt eh !!! another happy customer maybe  Rolling Eyes
Pajero was dropped off at the garage today for new head and other bits that go with it so hopefullly by tue it should be all ready to start work  Very Happy
hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

fingers crossed Wink
househam3500

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 15:45    Post subject: your not alone Reply with quote

I have been had by the same guy not ven 7 days after you. I have managed to report him to trading standards via citizens advice and also gave them a link to your post as part of thier evidence collection.
Minirob

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

hutchy wrote:
is it this lot....link

She's a bit of alright though..... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: