QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Rust Prevention

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> MOT / Servicing Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paffman

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 21:18    Post subject: Rust Prevention Reply with quote

Does anyone underseal or use old engine oil under their truck? Just thinking that as Japan does not have salt on their roads the truck are not protected. Then they come over here and get the full salt treatment...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 21:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Dmcmylor

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of info on here on this subject. I'd be looking at doing it as a priority. Good scrub down, rust treatment and an overcoat. Some used old oil, some use epoxy paints. I'll be doing mine in summer and using vactan as the rust treatment.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every two years I take mine to a HGV testing station and have it steam cleaned.

I then spend a lot of time and approx £150 spraying the insides of the chassis with Dinitrol cavity wax and then Dinitrol underbody wax on all the underside.

Axles etc are then painted with stonechip.
Mitsubishi56

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:34    Post subject: Underseal Services Reply with quote

Hi there,

Just joined the forum for the first time so please bear with me
I want to get my Shogun Sport Trojan undersealed
I live in Wakefield, West Yorkshire and have had quotes of £250 - £650 depending on underseal only or underseal, waxoyled, all the cavities etc. and anything from 1 day to 5 days without the car
Cost wise I can afford the underseal option and without a driveway I can't do it myself otherwise I would

1 - does anyone know where I can rent a space in a DIY garage so I could do it myself or 2 - does anyone know if there is an underseal service in Wakefield or immediate surrounding area - not sure I want to take a days holiday from work to have to go to York for the job to be done!

Suggestions or recommends appreciated!
NDZ

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a 96 Paj originally sealed with Waxoyl on import. To be fair, the bits of the chassis with a decent amount left (50%) are holding up fine and I'm about to tackle the rest. The Waxoyl has done what its critics claim (invisibly trapped areas of rust under the paint) but touch wood it seems to be just mild surface corrosion and its done a pretty good job over two decades. I've recently used Ankor Wax on another project and I'm planning to seal the Paj chassis with it once clean, its pretty easy to work with and doesn't set rock hard but in theory prevents any more rust developing. Anyone else used Ankor Wax? Much like the engine oil method, I think I'd rather opt for a yearly re-coat with oil-based products rather than wonder if my chassis was silently rotting under a hard set paint.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 17:47    Post subject: Re: Underseal Services Reply with quote

Mitsubishi56 wrote:
Hi there,

Just joined the forum for the first time so please bear with me
I want to get my Shogun Sport Trojan undersealed
I live in Wakefield, West Yorkshire and have had quotes of £250 - £650 depending on underseal only or underseal, waxoyled, all the cavities etc. and anything from 1 day to 5 days without the car
Cost wise I can afford the underseal option and without a driveway I can't do it myself otherwise I would

1 - does anyone know where I can rent a space in a DIY garage so I could do it myself or 2 - does anyone know if there is an underseal service in Wakefield or immediate surrounding area - not sure I want to take a days holiday from work to have to go to York for the job to be done!

Suggestions or recommends appreciated!

Welcome to the club.

There is a Dinitrol Cente in Doncaster - maybe too far from you though HERE.

I have never used them but they are an approved Dinitrol Centre.

Otherwise - there seems to be a lot of choice near you HERE
Jutwit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about bedliner? The rubber stuff that gets sprayed on pic ups, I know they use that on chassis in the USA .
skool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jutwit wrote:
What about bedliner? The rubber stuff that gets sprayed on pic ups, I know they use that on chassis in the USA .

There is a company that does something like that over here - I remember seeing pictures of 4x4 done with this on chassis and also the whole truck - looked stunning tbh but was very expensive

I'll try and find a link
Jutwit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Milner's have started selling some thing like that for about £80 , didn't read about it as I'm not looking for anything like that at the moment
Mitsubishi56

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 16:21    Post subject: Cheers! Reply with quote

Many thanks for the information everyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> MOT / Servicing Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: