Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Shogun Sport 2004 Rear Mud Guards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
br86

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:54    Post subject: Shogun Sport 2004 Rear Mud Guards Reply with quote

Hi all!

This is my first newbie post so I hope I get it right...
I've just bought a Shogun Sport 2004 Warrior and both mud/splash guards on the rear are broken and need replacing. I have spent the last few days searching ebay and phoning breakers but I can't seem to get hold of any. Do any of you have any other ideas?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Jutwit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't they part of the bumper ? Not separate flaps?
br86

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

They form part of the wheel arch trim so yes they are not really a seperate mud flap.
Simon_W

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

You spent days searching Ebay?

These came up within seconds:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MITSUBISHI-PAJERO-SHOGUN-SPORT-1999-2008-NEW-MUDGUARD-FLAPS-SPLASH-REAR-LEFT-/302189982364

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MITSUBISHI-PAJERO-SHOGUN-SPORT-1999-2008-NEW-MUDGUARD-FLAPS-SPLASH-REAR-RIGHT/302189982408

But these type of moulded mudguards are very vulnerable if you go off-road at all.  They could also cause damage to the plastic wheel arch.  I removed the ones on my Challenger and replaced them with some sheet rubber that I cut to shape and then bolted in place picking up the existing fastening holes.
br86

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found a lot of these but sadly they aren't the right type. On my model there isn't a seoerate mud flap it is moulded plastic and forns part of the bottom of the wheel arch as well. I'm calling it a mud flap/guard but it may be described as something else.
Simon_W

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 0:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you certain? I thought that the mudguard was always a separate moulding that attached to the wheel arch extension.  It does effectively form part of the wheel arch, which otherwise ends in a flat section.

Shame you haven't got enough posts in to be able to include a photo of your existing wheel arch and mudguard mounting. I will send you a private message with my email address.  If you email me a photo I will post it for you.
br86

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 0:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_W wrote:
Are you certain? I thought that the mudguard was always a separate moulding that attached to the wheel arch extension.  It does effectively form part of the wheel arch, which otherwise ends in a flat section.

Shame you haven't got enough posts in to be able to include a photo of your existing wheel arch and mudguard mounting. I will send you a private message with my email address.  If you email me a photo I will post it for you.

Thank you! I will send you the email now
Simon_W

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the images of br86's mudguard.  He wrote "I've attached 2 pictures with the part I need. If you can see in them the guard and lower part of the trim is one piece. The mudguard part of this one you see is hanging on by the skin of its teeth and my passenger side one has snapped completely. I like your idea of modifying it I may go down this route instead of sourcing replacements which will probably be broken again"

Strange that Mitsubishi changed the component so much from the earlier version, which terminates level with the base of the wheel arch extension.

Steve_C

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2006 Sport is completely different. The wheel arch terminates around the bottom of the body, and then there's a rubberised mud flap attached to the bottom of it.
br86

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like Mitsubishi changed to this type for only a few models then (unsurprisingly) scrapped the idea and went back to the separate flap design. The front of mine are the same as well they form about 200mm of the wheel arch trim.

I think because of the fact I'm going to be using it off road, and there's every chance any replacements I source may break, I'm going to attempt a modification like Simon_W has done. There's just about enough plastic left on mine to cut the unit flush with the body and it can't look any worse than it does now. If I've posted enough by then I'll put up some pictures of my attempt.

Thanks for all your help! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: