QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Micra Oil Change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Other vehicles technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 14:54    Post subject: Micra Oil Change Reply with quote

Just done an oil and filter change on swmbo's 2012 Micra.

If you are going to do this then make sure you go to the dealer first and get a new drain plug washer.

Unlike sensible cars, the sump plug washer is a "crush" washer and has to be replaced every time you remove the sump plug.

Why do manufacturers do stuff like that? The plain copper washer has worked fine for decades, and I have dozens of them in lots of different sizes.

It is not like Nissan are making much money out of making you buy a new one - they are less than £2 but it is a pain to have to go to the dealer for one!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 14:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

believe it or not when i was buting genuine filters for my gdi they used to give me the same type of crush style washer...i normally use those washers that have a rubber seal built on the inside of the washer... Wink
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use a new copper washer on mine - I bought a big box of assorted ones.

The oil filter was fun - easy to get at compared with my truck as it is at the front of the engine but it had been put on by a gorilla. Took a lot of effort even with my posh Halfords pro filter remover!
hutchy

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will give you one tip on those cars Pete when one lamba sensor goes change them both,a woman i know had loads of issues one was the lamba,the garage changed one and the car must have been back 6 times before they gave in as it seemed like a bad coil pack misfire and changed the lot but still the same...so she took it to my mates who asked me to plug my diagnostics in and do a live reading and the second lamba was out of range,fitted a new one car been fine ever since... Exclamation
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate everything to do with OBD and sensors etc - she can take it to the garage for stuff like that  Wink

There is a god-awful drone coming from the back - gets louder with speed so it needs a wheel bearing I think - over £100 for one and the car is less than five years old. When I drove it recently I heard it and told her about it - she said it had been doing it for months  Shocked

They ought to start calling them Datsun again - Datsun was a pile of poo and so is Nissan (at least this one is!)
The procrastinator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
I hate everything to do with OBD and sensors etc - she can take it to the garage for stuff like that  Wink

There is a god-awful drone coming from the back - gets louder with speed so it needs a wheel bearing I think - over £100 for one and the car is less than five years old. When I drove it recently I heard it and told her about it - she said it had been doing it for months  Shocked

They ought to start calling them Datsun again - Datsun was a pile of poo and so is Nissan (at least this one is!)

To be fair kerbs and speed bumps can take their toll on cars like this? After all, if manufacturers built all cars to the standard of late 90s 4x4s nobody could afford to by a car? Laughing
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

The procrastinator wrote:

To be fair kerbs and speed bumps can take their toll on cars like this? After all, if manufacturers built all cars to the standard of late 90s 4x4s nobody could afford to by a car? Laughing

It is just something to go from A to B in - no fun, no character, no personality.

It is built very cheaply with the thinnest metal that Nissan could get away with. And why did they think a three cylinder engine would be a good idea? - the only reason I can think of is they save money compared to a four cylinder one (although they say it is for better fuel economy)

She has booked it in at the dealers for the wheel bearing to be changed - although they don't know it is a wheel bearing as they just gave her a date (end of June!) but didn't even look at the car to see what was wrong  Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Other vehicles technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: