2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

spare wheel carrier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james nelson
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 22:39    Post subject: spare wheel carrier Reply with quote

Hi folks,
anyone fitted underslung spare wheel carrier as an extra, would like to know if it's much of a job ,and where to buy them. we carry a lot of weight in front box, gas bottles, spare wheel and all the junk, Think it may be better for weight distribution if wheel was underslung, would appreciate any advice or views.
Swift Lifestyle 500 98 5 berth.
91 swb 2.5td auto

The Nelsons (northumberland)

A Stranger is only a Friend you've Never Met
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 22:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

nobby
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get in touch with the manufacturer of your van who should be able to advise you where to obtain one from. If it is a standard Alko chassis look up local stockists who should be able to help you. If Alko they are very simple to fit Exclamation
mitsuebishi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

we just fitted an alko sparewheel carrier underneath the van Smile have not towed yet as we not going on hols till august Crying or Very sad but will let you know when we get back, as to if its better or not Confused Smile
ade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is one of those bits best bought new, some are subject to a recall, was in a caravan club magazine (I think) cant remember why though, as I havnt got one I skipped through the article, was a few months back now......
mitsuebishi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got my carrier new from an advert in the back of the " caravan club magazine " only £50 with delivery Very Happy
regbusby

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI
if its a twin axle forget it iv got one on my new van and had a puncture on the road and it is almost imposible to get spare wheel out took about 1/2 hour now carry it in the mitzi

reg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: