Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Help needed wiring up a towbar please ...

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
montero2

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what i was wired up like, tried the trailer  yesterday everything but brake and working on socket. have to check all the wiring through the trailer and lights and make sure the socket and plug are correct, thats where the problem may be??  it used to be fine so get back but that colour guide above is spot on, have them to memory, the trailer was rewired so thats where the problem is i think.  although i did get the red and brown wrong way round on the car when putting back on but i did it in rain Laughing and rushed it back together Laughing   theres a moral there somewhere i think Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

montero2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

just searched for this, this is what i use, have laminator so handy for in the wet and easily printed and replaced.  largeish pic so you can print off for yourselves.

montero2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

this one is better, remember the front markers are for horsebox, caravan front sidelights

j-crowe

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 15:23    Post subject: Help needed wiring up a towbar please ... Reply with quote

I recently swapped my *beep* old Peugeot 406 HDi 52 reg for a 95 M Shogun 2.8 TDi Auto. I have got many niggly problems with it from cutting out problems (Fuel Pump Seal), Wine on the rear drivers side, possible minor diesel leak from the top of the tank, anti roll bars knackered etc... I have got all the parts to do the work but have decided he towbar needs to be done first.

The towbar was already fitted to the Shogun when I got it but the 12N socket was handed to me with the keys. Naturaly I threw that away and bought new wiring, I know how to wire the lights up but where does the wire from the towbar go into the car? I can't see any holes anywhere? Please help, I would like to finish this before the end of today.

P.S I have got the UK model Shogun and not an import.

I have fitted my socket with the pre wired wire ready to run to the car, I know what wires to connect the electrics to but where do I need to route the 12N Cable to get it into the car? My shogun had a towbar already fitted but the last owner removed the wiring before I got it. So I am totally clueless!

Please could you tell me exactly where I need to route the wire through please?

All help will be really appreciated. Thanks
davembp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine goes up to nsr light unit.
jamiedilk

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:07    Post subject: i have a different approach to the question Reply with quote

i have wired up the the tow bar to the 12n single black socket fine but what are the colours in the rear RIGHT CLUSTER for the lights so i can just hook it up there are to many wires can someone get me a picture that would be great by the way i have a 2.8 lwb
sparky#74

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 15:05    Post subject: 'S' Socket wiring up Reply with quote

Hi, put new electric sockets (both types) all work fine, except.... cannot get reverse lights to work on trailer, but they work on the paj ?
Is the wiring similar to headlights and a return feed or something, how would i wire this to the 7s socket.
I have yellow going to the positive side of reverse light cluster, black and white are earthed.. is this right  Embarassed  
Any help much apprecated as it would be nice to see when reversing when its dark !!!!
Many thanks in advance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: