Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Evo purchase question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EVO discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alive1100

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 20:50    Post subject: Evo purchase question Reply with quote

Evening,

I've been tempted to purchase an evo for around a year now and have been keeping an eye on auction sites etc. I've seen recently a black evo on one particular auction site that has been active for awhile now and is considerably cheaper than others which makes me suspicious. It is a black one listed at £9000. Can anyone with evo experience take a quick look at the pictures and write up (the write up seems copy and paste from an internet evo description as opposed to description of this particular truck). I have a message back from the seller with a bit more detail but still wondering why it is still available considering the price.

Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 20:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Jutwit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always follow the saying of " if it's too good to be true, it probably is"
Alive1100

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is generally the safest approach, but still curious if anyone has any insights into the particular one I am talking about.
hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

evo,s were never that expensive 2/3 years ago you could pick them up around 4/5k but then someone imported one and decided to up the price so everyone followed suit....the prices will drop again as most of them are not selling,especially when parts for them are hard to get now even from mitsubishi as there are no suspension parts left in stock so if an arm or a bush spring or a shock goes your knackered unless you pay megga money to get them made or from some of the guy,s in Russia...my mate sold his last year at a well known car auction to raise money for a charity and it did not bring much,and the people buying were not your average Joe bloggs neither,it has ended up on fleabay where it has been up for sale for over a year and given the seller wants treble for what it sold for at the auction i am not surprised.... Exclamation
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wanted one but decided against it because of the lack of parts availability.
hutchy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was the same Pete beeen looking at them for the last 15 years and keep seeing the same ones coming up all the time with the exception of a few,and i came to the conclusion that people buy them rag the guts out of them for a while get bored then sell them on,so stayed away from the idea,probably the only model i have not owned had a 2.5 two 2.8,s one was the edc with tiptronic and now my gdi which i have had since 2009  Wink
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

hutchy wrote:
i was the same Pete beeen looking at them for the last 15 years

I've been the same with GTOs Andy. Always wanted one but parts are impossible to get for stuff like the 4 wheel steering and any of the electronics.

So that dream has been ditched - it's enough to have to do repairs on old cars without spending months trying to get the parts.
hutchy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

your not wrong there Pete,but i would rather have an older car i can fix than some of the newer junk out there right now,they all seem to be made from cereal boxes and the electrics are terrible.. Wink
riceboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like a bad black paint job. supposedly they only came in red, silver and white. although i have heard of a black one before... The evo badges are all missing
also aftermarket wheels and the bash plates underneath are missing. the beading between the wheel arches and body seems to also be painted black.
If i was looking i would probably look further and see d a bit more.
if you get one in good nic it will be reliable and actually the parts are not really such a problem. I have owned one for 10 years and still love taking it out for a drive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EVO discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: