QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Pajero Evolution Homologation Number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Finch

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:16    Post subject: Pajero Evolution Homologation Number Reply with quote

Hi I am still struggling with the registration of my Pajero Evolution here in Lanzarote. Has anyone else gone through the Homologation process in another European Country and been given a Homologation number? I have been told that obtaining a number of approvals in other Countries would help my cause here. Ultimately, if I could find one in Spain that would be perfect. I was given the details of one in Spain, 4516 CZG, but that was imported on a different basis and did not help. I have also tried using the original FIA number but that was refused as well

Any help would be gratefully received.

Tony Finch
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

cebe

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 17:39    Post subject: European Homologation CofC Reply with quote

Hello Tony,

Sorry to hear about your problems still unsolved.

I can confirm that the Pajero V55 was never homologated in EU and consequently never can be issued with an european Certificate of Conformity.
The above has been put in writing to me by Mitsubishi Italy.

Despite the above, it has been homologated as individual vehicles in different EU countries.

One option you may have is to register yours as an historic vehicle.
In Italy any vehicle older than 20 years can be imported and homologated as historic with a specific procedure (ASI) even without the CofC if completely original.

My PajEvo had Latvian documents as V55 and will soon have (fingers crossed) Italian documents.

I may provide a copy of the above to you, if it can be of any use to your struggle against Spanish burocracy.

Hope the above helps.

Cheers
Tony Finch

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 19:26    Post subject: Pajero Evolution Reply with quote

Hello my friend, I looked at the Historic route, however the vehicle has to be over 25 years old in Spain unlike the 20 years in Italy. If I can find one in Spain that has gone through the Individual Homologation, it will save me a lot of time and of course money. Unfortunately, it looks like this is the route I will have to go down. I am told that I may have to fly an engineer out from Madrid to inspect my Pajero.

Thanks for your continued input.
Vinson158

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
A couple of years ago, and maybe less, I was approached by a man from the Netherlands. He requested technical data from Pajero Evo from original books on repair and maintenance. I photographed to him what he asked and sent. As far as I know, he managed to register Evo. And later he wrote that he brought another Evo from Japan. I can find his contact if you need more.
cebe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 22:19    Post subject: I got Italian registration Reply with quote

Hello Tony,

Just a quick note to let you know that I successfully completed the process to get Italian registration documents for my PajEvo.

If it could be of assistance to you, I can send you a copy.

BTW, I was in Lanzarote for the Christmas vacation and you live in a wonderful island!

I am finally able to drive mine in the snow of the Swiss winter.

Best of luck with your PajEvo.

Cheers,
Cesare
cebe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 17:50    Post subject: TYPE HOMOLOGATION NUMBER ASSIGNED Reply with quote

I have very good news for anybody looking to register a Pajero Evolution in Europe.

Apparently the registration process for my Evo with the "historic car process" in Italy has led to the creation of a brand new Homologation Number!!

In my registration licence there is a field named (K)  and called Type Homologation number (if available).

This number is the following: EV078983UPMI/18

Hope it helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: