Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Where to buy pajeros?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
l33-lsh

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 13:07    Post subject: Where to buy pajeros? Reply with quote

I owed a pajero several years ago and miss it so much, had 33s snorkel and lifted 2.8 Swb and I miss it.
Only got rid of it as it got written off buy someone smashing into me 😐
I would like a another 1 now and want to do some laning as I think it would be a brilliant thing to do now I have a family as I know my daughter would love it.
I've looked on eBay but where else would you say to look.
Shogun or pajero manual
Thanks lee
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 13:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

JarrodSer

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you look for a local community of fellow Pajero enthusiasts? If you're lucky, there's one near you. Otherwise, eBay is where I'd look too.
hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of them are fleabay faceache or flumtree don,t be taken in by people though there are a lot of rubbish ones out there that look nice but are a dogs dinner Wink
Mistercoffee

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a good experience with Japanese online auctions, going through a broker. I went through Japan Car Direct and found them very responsive. I think the trick is to do your research and lots of it in advance, so when the right vehicle comes up your ducks are in a row and you can move quickly. I also went through a customs broker to import the vehicle - an inexpensive and smooth process in the States with a 25 year old car.

My rig is a 1993 Pajero short wheelbase, 5 sp, right hand drive, diesel. Low mileage - about 75,000 km (verified). It arrived very, very clean - as if it had been detailed prior to shipping.

The oceanic shipping took about six weeks and I learned an important detail. On RORO (Roll on, roll off) shipping, the vehicles are exposed to sea spray for the entire voyage. It's nothing that a good car wash can't deal with, but there's another aspect to it. Sea water is highly conductive due to the salt content. My Pajero has two batteries that were marked as being about 10,000 km old. Both were absolutely dead on arrival. Apparently a common issue is that the sea spray will soak the battery and it will short out between the terminals. Over six weeks it's enough to kill the battery.

Other than that (and the waiting), I had a good experience. The first thing my Pajero did was to haul my Subaru Outback on a double axle trailer back to home. Not bad for a four banger, 105 HP diesel.  I just went as slowly as needed to keep it happy and it chugged through the job without complaint. Didn't even get hot.

With all that and a new set of 31 inch studded snow tires, I'm rolling down the road for under $8K. Cannot find that combination locally. Happy camper, here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: