QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Any advice welcome. My baby has been sat for two years!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badgirl154
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 17:49    Post subject: Any advice welcome. My baby has been sat for two years!!! Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 23:09    Post subject: Newbie from Cheltenham Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
Hey there, it’s been a while since I last posted on a forum.

My name is Rachel and I’m happily married to my husband for 10 years in June.  We have four children together hence why we brought my 7 seater beast lol.
I own a Mitsubishi shogun gdi 3.5 v6 auto. I have owned a few 4x4’s in the past. And the first 4x4 I took off road was a grand Cherokee. Getting pregnant for the 4th time meant this went and we got a Pajero 2.8 d.  But I needed an automatic due to my health taking a turn for the worse.

Went from that to a zafifa but I wasn’t happy. So when my father in law turned up out side my house in this lush blue over silver, full leather, 7 seater, automatic I jumped at the chance to persuade him to sell it me! Lucky for me he did just that!!! I absolutely love my beast and I can get in and out of it with no problems (bad back). I can also fit all the kids and the hubby in lol.

But it’s no longer running and been parked up for 2 years now 😪😪😪.

Unfortunately we had a leak in the fuel tank, and my father tried to patch it up. But it didn’t work so we brought a second hand one from miyzybitz. My father and hubby fitted the new one and it ran like it was starved of petrol. They cleaned all the filters and took the pump apart, cleaned it up put it back together. The car ran great while sat on the garden. So we took it for a drive and as soon as we hit 2000rpm it stuttered, kangaroo’ed and nothing on the Pedel. U put your foot down and nothing was there. We found out about the micro filter. So they replaced it, it was black and blocked big style. We then found there are two micro filters. So we cleaned this one as it wasn’t to bad, and during this my husband noticed the cam sensor had a split in it. On further inspection it broke of in his hand.

We have been quoted £85 from Mitsubishi and haven’t been able to find one second hand. But if we do manage to get one I’m not sure it will fix the car. I need it back running ASAP. I’m driving around in a fiat stilo lol.

I didn’t  intend for my first post to go on so long sorry but my fingers just kept typing lol.

Thanks for reading my essay xxxx
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 17:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

what year is your gdi..
Badgirl154
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

2000 I believe
hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be fair i would fit a new one,as with second hand you don,t know if a) it will work b)if it does work for how long. The cam sensor sends the signal to the engine ecu which in turn operates the injectors ,So if you have changed the fuel filters micro filters etc got good high octane fuel (gdi,s do not like cheap super market fuel so use ron 97 onwards) the cam sensor will have to be sorted or it will never run right if it all...the other issue with gdi engines is they coke up a lot,the inlet manifold can be taken off stripped and cleaned but if the inlet valves in the head are coked up it will need to be walnut blasted as this will reduce the air getting into the engine and giving bad idle,, bad fuel consumption,,lack of power......start with the cam sensor first Wink
Badgirl154
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for late reply, due to my back problems the beast has been the last thing on our mind. i am now 6 weeks post op and feel ready to start driving again. (i sold the fiat lol)
box.
Thank you for you reply and advice.

i was just wondering if its worth checking the inlet manifold before splashing out on the cash? if this isnt coke up like you say, and we spend the cash replacing the cam sensor. and the beast still doesnt run right, what else could be the problem?? my husband just informed me that he cant remember if the cm sensor was broke before of if it was him that broke it and didint realise.

due to me being post op my husband has became my full time career and is struggling with time and cash.

is there anyone near cheltenham willing to visit us and looking over my baby.

before the fuel tank went, i remember having an issue with the 4 wheel drive box? i was getting strange noises coming from what felt like the gear box, and the only time it didnt do it was when i put the motor into 4 wheel drive mode. it just so happens that this started a few days before we started smelling petrol, when putting the kids in to the rear seats. i mentioned the smell to my hubby and father and thats when they found the petrol tank had a small rust patch.

Badgirl154
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for late reply, due to my back problems the beast has been the last thing on our mind. i am now 6 weeks post op and feel ready to start driving again. (i sold the fiat lol)
box.
Thank you for you reply and advice.

i was just wondering if its worth checking the inlet manifold before splashing out on the cash? if this isnt coke up like you say, and we spend the cash replacing the cam sensor. and the beast still doesnt run right, what else could be the problem?? my husband just informed me that he cant remember if the cm sensor was broke before of if it was him that broke it and didint realise.

due to me being post op my husband has became my full time career and is struggling with time and cash.

is there anyone near cheltenham willing to visit us and looking over my baby.

before the fuel tank went, i remember having an issue with the 4 wheel drive box? i was getting strange noises coming from what felt like the gear box, and the only time it didnt do it was when i put the motor into 4 wheel drive mode. it just so happens that this started a few days before we started smelling petrol, when putting the kids in to the rear seats. i mentioned the smell to my hubby and father and thats when they found the petrol tank had a small rust patch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: