2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Ok what is she worth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mitsi777

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:32    Post subject: Ok what is she worth Reply with quote

Looking for a bit of general advice. I am going to part with my Pajero/shogun  but not really sure what to ask and best place to sell it.

I am the 2nd owner . Its 2006 . 5 door . Auto 3.2 Diesel . 78,000 miles got the pop up seats. part leather seats. sunroof.

Got a few marks on body and a dent on rear.Rust on rear arches.  Ive had this for over 6 years but not used for the last 3 years. The MOT ran out in April this year. Needs a new battery.

Question  Question  Question Please help
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is difficult to sell any vehicle that doesn't have a current MOT - can you not get it MOT'd before putting it up for sale?
4ndy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want any proper return on the car, it's a no-brainer to get the new battery and a fresh MOT.
Otherwise chuck it on an auction site with £50 starter and someone will take if off your hands.
mitsi777

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i think the new battery and MOT are defo needed. I put the reg into We buy any car and they came up with £3,550 but i know they will chip the price because of rust etc. I've not got flea bay so not an option. Will sort out MOT and maybe try Auto trader.Any ideas on what to ask ?
Craig-SM

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’d been looking around before buying my 2006 elegance, which was higher mileage than yours and that through a dealer at £5,000 but knocked down to £4,500. Private sales weren’t much cheaper.
You may get another £500 with it being low mileage. Just make sure you get the advert and photos right.
mitsi777

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Craig. I would be OK with even taking £4,000 if there was no messing about. I think you did well at £4500 from a dealer.

I will get battery and MOT, then see how it goes at £4,500 asking to get knocked down.

Also thanks to Peteinchad and 4ndy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: