Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

rear lower arm on the Evo both bushes gone, ? where ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scrappybill

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 14:36    Post subject: rear lower arm on the Evo both bushes gone, ? where ? Reply with quote

Ok there Pajero peoples !!

I have just given the Evo a look over or under in this case, but have noticed my back lower arms on both sides.
connecting the wheels to the middle section of the evo, are both badly worn, bushes are non existent.
and the passensger side wheel hub to anti rollbar is knacked as well.

Has any one changed these before ?
Are they a complete unit only ?
Can you get bushes only ?

where from all the above ?

As always, any help would be great.

Thanks
Ryan
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 14:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

riceboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:17    Post subject: a solution Reply with quote

I am doing all the bushes on mine. If those are gone on yours you will most likely find that the rest of them are poked too.
I have had new poly bushes cast in the old suspension arms. The price just made it worth the experiment. otherwise you need to replace the arms. We still need to put the car back together so sometime next week i will know if it was successful. There are rollerbearings in two of the bushes which we had checked by an engineer, they are fine so are being reused.
I really would look into having new bushes cast, particularly for the rear dif as otherwise you need to get a new casing and rebuild the dif into it which is a bit of a job for a small piece of rubber.
gbytte

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to do mine now. All bushes. Any advise you wish to offer?
gbytte

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:22    Post subject: Re: a solution Reply with quote

[quote="riceboy"]I am doing all the bushes on mine. If those are gone on yours you will most likely find that the rest of them are poked too.
I have had new poly bushes cast in the old suspension arms. The price just made it worth the experiment. otherwise you need to replace the arms. We still need to put the car back together so sometime next week i will know if it was successful. There are rollerbearings in two of the bushes which we had checked by an engineer, they are fine so are being reused.
I really would look into having new bushes cast, particularly for the rear dif as otherwise you need to get a new casing and rebuild the dif into it which is a bit of a job for a small piece of rubber.[/quote]

How are yours holding up? How easy/hard was the job?
riceboy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

80000KM later and they are still fine. I had a workshop pull the suspension off so it wasn't a difficult job for me haha
gbytte

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were they OEM bushes or aftermarket?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: