Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

TOAD STERLING TOUCH KEY THATCHAM 2 IMMOBILISOR PROBLEMS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob wilson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 15:39    Post subject: TOAD STERLING TOUCH KEY THATCHAM 2 IMMOBILISOR PROBLEMS Reply with quote

TOAD STERLING TOUCH KEY THATCHAM 2 IMMOBILISOR PROBLEMS

(1993- K- Mitsubishi Shogun V6- 3.0- Petrol-  Auto- swb)  

Hi All,

Please can anyone,  give me some guidance on the above. The Touch Key i have wont Stop the'' Red flashing light on Dash,''

which Enables me to Start Engine. I cant Purchase a New Touch key, because i haven't got the (4 pin Code).  If anyone has a

''Wiring Diagram,'' or Guidance on how to (Completely Disconnect  the Immobilisor), so i can Start Engine as Normal, without

the  need to turn On and Off the Immobilisor.

''Can You Please Send Diagram, or Information on How to Totally Disconnect, Rendering it Obsolete''

I need my 4x4 for Work etc, So i Need to do this until i have a New One Installed.

I have located where it is on my 4x4, and the Fuse for the Immobilisor.

Lastly would taking the Fuse out, make Immobilisor Obsolete.?

Thanking You All Again Rob

robert.wilson407@ntlworld.com
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 15:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

sparky22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob follow this link to the wiring diagram.
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/gallery/a540139-imob.JPG&imgrefurl=http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid%3D64566&h=480&w=640&sz=55&tbnid=JuQZzJmJFQyyrM:&tbnh=91&tbnw=121&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dtoad%2Bsterling%2Bwiring%2Bdiagram%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=toad+sterling+wiring+diagram&usg=__dFWHUzzXufnkV456sFBnimcoSVo=&docid=dJwpY5hvJj7irM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=IuVZUYzHK8jhPPHsgJgJ&ved=0CC8Q9QEwAA&dur=140

Easier way is to find the control box normally behind the passenger kick panel. You will know the immobilizer circuit as it will be the only cable physically cut so it runs through the control unit, simply solder the original wire back together and shogun will fire up again.

Hope this gets to you in time  Laughing
rob wilson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 13:08    Post subject: TOAD STERLING TOUCH KEY THATCHAM 2 IMMOBILISOR PROBLEMS Reply with quote

Hi Sparky,

I have reached the (Control Box,), and the loom of Wires that come out of it. You say to ''Physically Cut Wires.''

''Sorry to be a pain'' but which (actual colors wires  do i cut )?. Then what ''Color Wires do i Solder back Together

Enabling me to Start Engine as Normal. And could you please tell me where i could, if possible, a Manual for this
Immobilisor.
                                     Thank you for your great Input

Rob
sparky22

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

As I recall on my 92 V6 the wires were black coming out of my ECU. The wiring on yours may be different but the cable coming from the ECU will be the only one that is cut so that the wire runs from the ECU through the immobilizer then onto the ignition circuit. If you can trace out the cable then cut the immobilizer pair of cables and joint the cable back as it was your ignition circuit will be complete again.

As a last resort you could remove all the alarm system wiring and when you find two original wires from the wagons wiring the same colour but going in opposite directions joint those two together

I have been to the Toad website and they will only let you download the owners manual for £9.99. I don't think this will help you as you need an installation manual.

If you still can't find the cabling you need you might try phoning Toad and speaking to their technical department

Sorry mate if you were nearer I would pop round and help get you sorted.
rob wilson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sparky.

Thanks a lot iv'e  got lot to go on from your valuable help. Lastly, if i Literally 'Cut' and 'Remove' All the WiresComing Out

of the (Immobilisor Silver Box) Then Find the ''Color of Wire/s coming from my Igniton'' and Match with same Coloran Join

the Two. When you use the word ''Cut'' does that actually mean ''Sever'' or is it a (Technical Term used by  Electricions)?

And when you ''Refer to ''ECU,'' do you mean the (Engine Control Unit Under the Bonnet)??

look forward to your reply

Thanking you lots Rob
sparky22

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mate,

The Electronic control unit for the ignition on the V6 mark 2 that I had was behind the passenger side kick panel (the bit between the dash and the floor in front of the door). Are you sure you have the right component?

The sterling one Toad system has two immobilizer circuits one cuts the ignition circuit one cuts the power for the starter motor.
You need to trace all the wires out to find where they go. I hope that it wont be too hard but its the only way of getting it right.
So tracing out the cables will allow you to see where the cables are going to and then you will see the cables that have been severed (cut) and joined so they run through the alarm module ( silver box)
This will mean that you have cables that need jointing back together ( do this using proper connectors and make sure that there is no bare copper showing as this could lead to things shorting out and causing even more problems.
I've just found this wiring diagram is it like your unit?
http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?171600-How-to-fit-and-wire-up-a-Toad-AI606-Alarm-amp-Immobiliser
rob wilson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sparky,

Thats great, thanks for the other diagrams. The silver box under the drivers side footwell  is the box,it has the wiring to the flasher on dash. and  a harness of wires coming out of it. I just thought when you said ''ECU,'' you meant the car ECU onboard computer under bonnet , but now i know what you mean. and also i now get the gist of following the wires, and cutting them, and once thats done, join the two wires, that had previously been cut .

Hey Mate than you so much for the great advise
                                                                               Rob
sparky22

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, just glad I could help  Laughing
denisasharp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is now a bit old but I have exactly the same problem. My Pejero is 1993 2.5 Diesel. It has the Toad Immobiliser which is basically old and worm out. I dont need to immobilise the car at at all we use it as a yard car. So I want to completely "take it away" if possible. I have fount the ECU on the passenger side kick plate. I dont know where the "Immobiliser Unit" is. I noticed something like under the drivers kickplate .. but i dont know what or where that is.

Rob, did you manage to strip out thew immobiliser? Can you help? Do I just try and follow the instructions in this thread?

Thanks Denis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: