eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Gearbox starting in 3rd when cold??

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ijaz

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear that you found a trick to make it work. I had earlier read somewhere about this hair dryer trick but never tried it myself.

It was some good fun to watch many things being changed, learned many new things in this process. I got hold of my old A/T Gear and other stuff. Will open up someday to learn more.

I believe it was valve body inside my gear box which went wrong.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Ijaz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you able to get your Pajero Mini fixed ?

Just curios... Mine is working great
JPB

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been fine all summer but is now, sadly, going to be sold locally as I needed a larger 4x4 and also a camper van, so am buying a HiAce 3.0TD LWB, the one that's able to use vegetable oil without modification and is based around a lengthened HiLux chassis. I did try to find a suitable Delica but they don't come with a wet room and are too small inside for my needs going forward.

I fully intend to return to Pajero ownership at some point, probably in the shape of a MK2 LWB petrol model. Cool
Ijaz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. I hope the new van would meet your requirements and expectation.

I am planning to keep my little wonder till it dies or me dies Smile
JPB

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

The van turned out to be little short of a deathtrap when I arrived to see it yesterday, having left the house at 5am to travel the 200 miles to inspect it and - had the dealer not been such a fantasist where its condition was concerned - to pay the balance of the cost.
The "perfect, unwelded" body had "repairs" to structural areas that had been carefully fashioned from blind riveted patches, thick undersealant and filler, lots of filler. To address the remedial work required to restore the shell to anything resembling its makers' intended state, the entire wetroom, a liner in one large moulding that fitted around the rear load area of the shell, would have had to be removed so that the rear floor's edges could be reattached to the inner arch tubs and the outer arches were a work of art that would have made Donatello (the C14th/15th sculptor, not the Ninja turtle..) happy, but must have taken longer to create than the correct repairs would have done and don't get me started on the engine, whose head gasket had visibly been supplemented recently by some sort of bathroom sealant product!
The ATF that was clearly dripping from the sump of the transmission was attributed by the dealer's - hopelessly out of her depth - sales assistant as she tried to convince me that this leak had been left by another vehicle which had occupied the same spot exactly and had since been moved.
Then there were the dangerous bodges to the steering box, the cab floors that were probably wetter than the wetroom and the battery which was, according to the sales assistant, "new, but hadn't been charged yet! Well not by the alternator it hadn't for sure as that was also dead, with the mushroom-like growth inside its casing reinforcing my doubts surrounding the condition of the charging system.

I walked away, drove the bB home and slept on the way on its folded seats which, I was reminded, are perfectly adequate for their purpose as is the rest of the daily car that, like my Pajero MIni, is  physical proof that decent, genuinely rust-free, safe and fully functional motor vehicles can in fact be purchased from the other side of the planet without the excuses, the lies and the waste of time that this wretched van represented yesterday.
I say "waste of time" but in fact, a I drove home, I took a detour into the Lake District and plotted a route through some of the most beautiful roads that the UK has to offer and was again reminded that imported vehicles can and do still represent excellent value, but only when bought through an agent who actually cares about their customers and the quality of the products.

I made a 'phone call to my bank this morning, just to make sure that my deposit was refunded to my account (now done) and shall in fact continue to make occasional use of the MIni which remains free of rust, is utterly predictable and remains probably one of the most original and best preserved examples of its type anywhere in the UK.
My next purchase, if I ever find a genuine, unmolested van, shall probably be made through the importer of the bB, undoubtedly one of the most decent and honest people I know. In fact, I'm calling him later today to ask him when he's next going to Japan..
Ijaz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...  Sad

There are always issues with used vehicles. But at least the dealers should not hide those things.

All the best for future endeavors.
Ijaz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about reviving old thread..

@JPB  Are you still having Pajero Mini ? Gear shifting issue still there ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: