Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

How to change the 2wd/4wd switch on top of the transfer box

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icarbry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 22:15    Post subject: How to change the 2wd/4wd switch on top of the transfer box Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a 2004 Shogun LWB 3.2 DID Manual and have had problems with the 2wd and 4wd green lights on the dash board. After the system boots up the green lights go out and the orange transfer light flashes. ( This means the system reverts to 2wd only )

I have had a friend connect a diagnostic computer to the transmission and it came up with an error code that relates to the 2wd / 4wd switch that is located on top of the transfer box. I bought a switch not cheap £53:50 and I have had a quick look at replacing the switch.

I was wondering if anyone has changed one of these switches just to get an idea what is involved in doing the job.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers
Ian.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 22:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

waynec
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, changed 100's.......................get a trolley jack under the gearbox, undo the mount and lower box down, the switches are on top of transfer box.........
icarbry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="waynec"]Yes, changed 100's.......................get a trolley jack under the gearbox, undo the mount and lower box down, the switches are on top of transfer box.........[/quote]
Hi,
Thanks for the info is it just the mount you need to undo, approx how long does it take to do ?

Cheers
Ian.
waynec
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, just mount and lower box, about 30 minutes.......
icarbry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="waynec"]Yes, just mount and lower box, about 30 minutes.......[/quote]

Waynec,
Hi, did as you said it is a little awkward but managed to change the faulty 2wd / 4wd switch on top of the transfer box and ALL is now OK thanks for your assistance.

Cheers
Ian.
maceyevo6

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:05    Post subject: flashing center diff light Reply with quote

hi there i have much the same problem, mine just flashes center diff light all the time also anti skid switched off but can not switch it on however it does go between 2 and 4 wheel drive, would i need the same switch or poss another mine is a 2005 3.2 auto cheers stephen
V624V

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Please check the small bore flexi pipe that goes onto the rear of the inlet plenum, this pulls the vacuum for the system.
The fitting looks like a brass rod/tube about 1" in length.

This tube does not have a swage or barb on the end to keep the pipe on and it drops off.

The pipe is linked to some steel tube on the bulkhead.

I had exact same problem, read on here about that pipe and saw it dangling down.

Mine now has a small ty rap fitted  Smile
icarbry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:53    Post subject: Re: flashing center diff light Reply with quote

[quote="maceyevo6"]hi there i have much the same problem, mine just flashes center diff light all the time also anti skid switched off but can not switch it on however it does go between 2 and 4 wheel drive, would i need the same switch or poss another mine is a 2005 3.2 auto cheers stephen[/quote]

Hi,
Yes the faults you are experiencing are exactly the same as I was getting, I would suspect it is the same switch the one Ibought is the 2wd / 4wd switch mitsubishi part No = 30727p and it cost £52.50.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Ian.
maceyevo6

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi v624v, can you explain a little better where to find the tube, also just changed my atf it was BLACK SO ITS GOTTA HELP cheers Stephen
maceyevo6

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that Ian,i will try the tube first cheers stephen
V624V

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdee,

Can't help with the location on the diesel fella as I am a petrolhead.

There are some photos on here somewhere.

Easiest way, look at steel pipes on bulkhead. These turn into rubber hoses on the top.
Follow all these into the engine bay and make sure they are connected to something.

Mark
waynec
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:51    Post subject: Re: flashing center diff light Reply with quote

maceyevo6 wrote:
hi there i have much the same problem, mine just flashes center diff light all the time also anti skid switched off but can not switch it on however it does go between 2 and 4 wheel drive, would i need the same switch or poss another mine is a 2005 3.2 auto cheers stephen

Yes, same fault, theres 5 switches up there, remove them 1 by 1 and test with muilti meter........
poopyfish

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 20:28    Post subject: xmas eve help!!!! diff lights gone mad Reply with quote

Hello all, ive just had a similar problem to the above post. was driving along in 4h fine, its still icy up here in north devon, the 4 green lights went off and the orange centre diff light came on. Then then the anti skid switched off and showed both the on & off lights? then the abs light came on, all this whilst my dash lights dimmed and headlights dimmed...??? is this the same problem switches or do i have a bigger problem??  

I wondered if my alternator was on its way out could this cause the problem or is it maybe a short in the wiring to the switches on the transfer box as ive read somewhere on here? Weve only had the truck 2 months and we've been using lots of 4wd with the recent snow & ice, the truck has been brilliant.

Im no trained mechanic but am pretty handy , i know its xmas eve but can anybody help as mitsi or my local garage wont be open for 4 days now....

my truck is a 2004 3.2did lwb shogun
poopyfish

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

hurrah! its turned out to be just a loose alternator belt, everything works again! thank god!
lunnmj

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:49    Post subject: Re: flashing center diff light Reply with quote

waynec wrote:
maceyevo6 wrote:

Yes, same fault, theres 5 switches up there, remove them 1 by 1 and test with muilti meter........

Hi Waynec

I have a 2001 pajero 3.2 did.
My Pajero does not want to go into 4wd. The actuator on the transfer box just makes a noise.
I have stripped it and re-lubed it. Supplied 12v and it works.
I can manually engage 4wd with actuator off.
Could these switches cause it to not engage 4wd ?
When I engaged 4wd manually and put lever in 4wd all the green lights remained on as normal. The moment I drive the
orange one starts to flash.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: