QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Hi from another flippin newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KyT

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:14    Post subject: Hi from another flippin newbie Reply with quote

Hi

About to buy a 54plate Shogun Sport Warrior 2.5TD..
Being honest I already bought it once and demanded a refund in total dismay after it started to fall apart as i drove it off the dealers lot. Clutch slipping, brakes sticking, flashing 4wd light, constantly lit ABS light... Did i mention the smell of burning?
The dealer is a decent bloke though and reckons he's resolved the problems now.

Anyhoo... I've got a few questions, if anyone can help with the answers:

This Sport was the best of eight cars that I viewed and test drove but it has an advisory on it's last MOT for corrosion on the fuel line.
Trouble is, i'm having a hard time trying to figure out what components the fuel line comprises of so i can source the parts. Fuel line is a bit vague but if anyone might have an idea about it I'd be grateful for a pointer in the right direction.  

Is there a Haynes or Mitsu workshop manual for the Shogun Sport?

Call me insane but I'm going to try and use it as my daily driver. I get around a bit and can do around 40k miles per year. I'm not massively bothered about the lack of mpg but i was kind of wondering if the car is built for this sort of use? - I'll make sure it's religiously maintained and all that but after poking around on this site I'm getting the impression that the Sport might be a bit of a wimp for regular extended trips. Is that the case?
I'm not that bothered (famous last words) about trifling things like comfort or noise. The Sport can't be anywhere near as punishing as a Suzuki Jimny on a loooong drive.. Hopefully it'll be better on CV joints though (i hate potholes).

Does anyone know if the Sport has a solid mass or dual mass flywheel?

Any info gratefully received and thanks for letting me join.

Very Happy salute
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Craig-SM

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.  I can’t help you with your questions but if you post them in the Sports section you’ll get a better response
Dougelove

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new too! Mine also is a daily driver although I do bike within the city!  Laughing i know that some stations will give advisory on fuel lines that are waxoyl'd. Best to get it on some ramps and see for yourself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: