Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Help!!!! it started with orange flashing light.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
docmartin4x4

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 23:14    Post subject: Help!!!! it started with orange flashing light. Reply with quote

Orange flashing light on my mk111 2.5 pajero.
So I read all about it and did the following;-
Checked vacuum vessel, all good
Checked front  actuator, all good
Checked and found fault with centre diff actuator, great so stripped regreased reassembled, and it worked... the actuator that is not the 4wd!
Changed all switches on the transfer box.
At this point i took car to garage and they diagnosed an electrical box that is on the 2/4wd stick as faulty, great please change it and then  behold when I change from 2wd to4wd to and through to the low box all the lights behaved as they should....until i drove it then the orange light flashed again and it would not change from 2 to 4, unless i stopped turned off ignition change to 4wd and drove off but after 100 yds orange flashing light again.

Please someone tell me what is wrong!!!

Martin
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 23:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Simonfathead

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the centre diff flashing all the time no green lights and i changed the switches twice and still didn't work in the end i found the transfer lever was to blame the contacts on the bottom had corroded and were cover in all sorts of rubbish. Found this by using a mutt 3 scanner though after all else i had done.
docmartin4x4

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have changed the  transfer box electronic shifter, along with all the switches on transfer box.
The strange thing is when at a standstill you change through from 2wd to 4 wd to low range and back again and all lights work as they should, and you can hear the  actuator motor working but as soon as you drive off the orange light flashes and it will not change from 2wd to 4wd ect.
Simonfathead

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you sure  it doesn't change gear does the actuator make any noise (once the centre diff lit is on) just seeing if its an indication problem or something bigger. Its a bit different to mine as the centre diff started to flash as soon as the car was started but the 2-4wd system worked and i had the gearbox switches changed twice and new solinoids
andyn666

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Docmaritn4x4, did you ever manage to sort this, mine has just started doing this today
kenthepipe
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyn666 wrote:
Docmaritn4x4, did you ever manage to sort this, mine has just started doing this today

If he has, he ain't telling anyone   Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
andyn666

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sorted mine now, I got the fault code for the front propshaft speed sensor, replaced the speed sensor and all is fine again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: