2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

1993 LWB 2.8tdSunroof Replacement - new instead of 2nd hand?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigGAZ

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 14:18    Post subject: 1993 LWB 2.8tdSunroof Replacement - new instead of 2nd hand? Reply with quote

Hi All,

I've just become the proud owner of a 1993 LWB, really happy with it but really need to sort the sunroof! - the metal frame bonded directly to the glass is completely rusted through so much so that I'm thinking it may fail at any point!

Can anyone point me to a supplier they know will supply a new not 2nd hand glass? - has anyone sorted this before? - If second hand is the only option then I guess that will have to do but thought I'd ask!

Many thanks,

Garry
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 14:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

kenthepipe
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I helped a friend do this job a number of years ago, we got a good one from a breakers , it was quite an easy job, but getting a new one would prove difficult and expensive, unfortunately you just have to be patient in finding a decent one.
BigGAZ

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I got hold of a 2nd hand 'less rusty' one in the end!

Upon removal of the old one the whole metal frame bonded to the glass fell apart, rust everywhere! - I had to take the 4x sliders out of the mechanism and grind the bolts that hold the sunroof frame as they were so corroded there was nothing there to unbolt!

New one fitted and I'm happy for now, a summer job will be to remove it, wire brush and black hammerite it up.

Last couple of days it has started rattling at idle which is very annoying, this is the glass rattling in the roof cavity, not the mechanism etc.  For now I have fitted some stiff foam blocks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: