QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Mk 4 wiring question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsdc1

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 15:08    Post subject: Mk 4 wiring question Reply with quote

Hi folks a bit of a funny one this, got this car at Christmas and been a *beep* to start in the mornings, presumed it was a glow plug issue so went through the rigmarole, no power at relay, changed fuse, no power at coolant sensor, replaced that. No power to glow rail, thought what now, I couldn’t see any wiring so hauled off the heat shield and voila. Not a wire going to bus bar, just a 6mm stud with nothing on it. There’s a multi plug above fuel filter with a black wire and a blue one not connected to anything. So am I missing a bit lol. Would anyone be able to put a pic up of how it’s meant to be? I don’t even know anyone with one to look at. If I knew what I’m supposed to be doing it would help greatly.
Many thanks
Davie
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 15:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

SteveW-DID

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plug by the fuel fiter is for a fuel line heater,not fitted to UK cars, the buzz bar connection comes from the wiring loom that goes to EGR,butterfly valve,temp sensor etc on the front top right of the engine as you look at it.
rsdc1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve I’ll have a look see if I can find the wire, it’s either been taped up or snipped. It got a new throttle body (at a cost of £1800) couple years ago according to a receipt in glove box
rsdc1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let anyone know that was interested, the glow feed wire had been bolted to the cam cover (by London Mitsubishi) when they fitted the throttle body. The previous owner did say it had been problematic to start in winter since, and it been back on 3 occasions to be sorted out- not to mention several AA callouts. Once I’d lost the rag and started taking bits off so I could actually see what was going on. All fixed now.  Wink  Rolling Eyes  Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: