2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Metalic Noise from rear when i hit a dip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mjd200

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 0:13    Post subject: Metalic Noise from rear when i hit a dip Reply with quote

Hi guys. I have a noise coming from the rear of my 96 swb manual 2.8. It happens when I hit a dip in the road or sometimes under acceleration. If I left off and foot down again it goes away.It's a metallic sound like something rubbing or grinding. Any ideas??
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 0:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

NDZ

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth checking the exhaust and any other (possibly rotten) bits that could simply be hanging off underneath. Lie under the truck and give everything a waggle, I had a knock that only made a noise on bumps and sounded very much like suspension but thankfully was the exhaust hangers, looked perfectly OK but the rubbers were clearly a bit tired and only took a couple of cable ties to fix back up. On other vehicles I've had heat shields front and back that also looked OK but were touching other bits of metal on the bumps.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 0:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the brake backing plates.
Mjd200

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

so ive finally had time to trace the noise and ist actually the drive flange fouling the front diff flange shroud. think the slider in the shaft is stiff or gunked up from being parked so off it must come for a clean!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: