QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2006 Elegance no RCL keyfobs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpikey316_

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:18    Post subject: 2006 Elegance no RCL keyfobs Reply with quote

Good morning again!

Still thinking about this 2006 elegance that I asked about the Sat Nav yesterday. It has 3 keys but no keyfobs for the rcl. These are going to be quite costly (I get that) but is the lack of them going to cause problems with getting new ones? Problems with the alarm or anything?

Thank you again!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Craig-SM

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem and the link below provides all the info

http://cobracartech.co.uk/blog/mitsubishi-cobra-alarm-fobs-touch-keys/

I had no remotes or fobs with mine. Tracking down the previous owner and he had a fob but it wouldn’t work as it had lost its connection due to a flat battery. As the alarm system is 12 year old and from what I can gather isn’t the best even when working I’ve decided to have a new fitted. That is being fitted today at £260 for a Toad Thatcham Cat 1 with certificate so the insurance won’t be affected unlike having no working alarm. The new alarm will still do the central locking and if you want global window closure too it adds £70 per pair of windows. I’ve not bothered with that option.
caesium

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig-SM wrote:
I have the same problem and the link below provides all the info

cobracartech.co.uk/blog/mitsubishi-cobra-alarm-fobs-touch-keys/

I had no remotes or fobs with mine. Tracking down the previous owner and he had a fob but it wouldn’t work as it had lost its connection due to a flat battery. As the alarm system is 12 year old and from what I can gather isn’t the best even when working I’ve decided to have a new fitted. That is being fitted today at £260 for a Toad Thatcham Cat 1 with certificate so the insurance won’t be affected unlike having no working alarm. The new alarm will still do the central locking and if you want global window closure too it adds £70 per pair of windows. I’ve not bothered with that option.

How did your new alarm fitting go?

I’ve just bought a 2003 warrior and it has no alarm fobs or anything. I think I’ll remove the factory alarm as per your link above but I don’t want to remove it if disables the car. The link above suggests I need to “disarm” the system first.
Any thoughts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: