QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar   POCUK Club ShopClub Shop  Click here to enter the chat roomChatroom  POCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club in Poland!POC.pl  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

pajero or shogun ???

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> POCUK lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philytl

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:29    Post subject: pajero or shogun ??? Reply with quote

hello all, i was a member on here a fair few years ago, now buying another paj or shogun

question is, i am going to look at a as listed shogun this morning, (BL52HMX) everywhere i look it is registered as a pajero, and mot check shows some in mileage and some in km all mixed up, and dont make much sense. just wondered if there would be any reason for this, and why its coming up as paj when on log book it says shogun

thanks phil
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Simonfathead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depens how and who registered it, some people think a pajero and a shogun are the same thing just from different areas (which is sort of true) but there are subtle differences. I have seen some cars with shogun stuck on the number plate and they were actually pajeros!
Some of the easier difference to notice are shogun has rear lights in the bumper pajero doesnt, and a pajero has a parking mirror on the front wing (never seen one on a shogun) MK2 that is.
The difference with the miles / km could be it had a clock change, i have never had a car with km but i think some of the pajeros had km as standard and then people change them to miles when they get imported, but i am sure someone will know more about this than me.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simonfathead wrote:

The difference with the miles / km could be it had a clock change, i have never had a car with km but i think some of the pajeros had km as standard and then people change them to miles when they get imported, but i am sure someone will know more about this than me.

Possibly due to the MOT tester - some may know the odometer is in km and record it correctly while others just assume it is in miles.
philytl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

so anyway we decided to buy the SHOGUN, bottom lights in bumper!! (not for long) it does have a little bit of rust in the inner wheel arches but can do all the welding myself, it doesnt need that much but will do a propper job on it as we will be touring around spain, france, croatia and that area over the next few years, was listed for £2200, got it for £1500 in the end, now need to do a few mods on it like do away with the bumper light and convert the body light so we got them like the pajero's

will load pictures when i am allowed
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you got one at a good price.
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becarfull when moding the lights as its a shogun, it complies to uk spec and the legal requirments. That is why there is lights in the bumper and the pajero doessnt (import) so if you remove them it could be a MOT issue, but im not totaly sure check before you do the mod. I have added the extra set of brake/side lights to my mk3 and i also did it to my mk2 not a hard job and looks more noticable and better, but i kept the bumper lights.
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a link to the rear light mod i did with a link to another post with pictures, i should get some pictures of mine!

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168654&highlight=
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simonfathead wrote:
Becarfull when moding the lights as its a shogun, it complies to uk spec and the legal requirments. That is why there is lights in the bumper and the pajero doessnt (import) so if you remove them it could be a MOT issue,

I thought exactly the same.

I actually fitted bumper lights into my Pajero to make it UK legal - it is also safer as the spare wheel can obscure the lights in the body at certain angles.

The brake lights are red - just my camera gives odd colours sometimes.
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got your indicator on in that pic Pete, as there is more lights on the drivers side!
Nice led brake (bumper) lights how many indicators have you got on the back? and where have you got your fog fitted ?
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - the right indicator is on.

The fog lights are below the bumper - triangular one. I can also switch them to work as brake lights - and they can be changed from steady to strobe.

So I can have six rear lights (and brake lights) and two fogs

Or eight rear lights (and brake lights)

and four indicators of course.

Not over the top is it???  Very Happy
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i had the pajero i did like the 2 sets of side/brake lights and i would have done the bumper brake lights like you have, but now I have a mk3 shogun i think there is less you can do. I added another fog light as is only came with one (i like them in pairs) and the reverse lights actually work (you can see where your reversing) the pajero you couldnt so i added extra reverse lights. And i added the extra brake/ side lights so compared to you i can only have 4 brake/side and 2 indicators, i was trying to find another way to add some higher up indicators but no more space in the clusters.

I did on the pajero add the rear fog but i incorporated them into the lower of the 2 brake lights, so normal driving both top and bottom brakes work but when foggy bottom one fog top one brake, never questioned in mot!
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put Cree LEDs in the reversing lights - they are like spotlights.

I was going to do the fogs in the clusters but I liked the triangular LED ones which were easier to fit.
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to do the cree reversing lights but as they work i'll leave them

I have seem them triangle fog lights and they do look great plus it gives you more light on the back end  Laughing
philytl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

will be adding the light mod soon, found the triangle fog lights on amazon for £2.88p each with free delivery, like the look of them
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - they are cheap, and can be wired with just a switch to become stop lights as well.

I often wonder what people driving behind me think when all the lights are on - it is a bit bright  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> POCUK lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: