2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Hints,tips and generals advice regarding 3.2 Fuel pump swap.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietermac

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 17:45    Post subject: Hints,tips and generals advice regarding 3.2 Fuel pump swap. Reply with quote

I hope everyone had a good Christmas, I was hoping someone can possibly share some wisdom or point me towards an online guide, does anyone on here have any experience in swapping the fuel pump on a 3.2 auto (2005)? I have a replacement pump on its way and keen to get any hints, especially regarding lining up timings marks, does the pump need primed before running etc? New tank, pipes, filters are all done just the pump to do. Any guidance welcome and I wish everyone all the best for 2019 and all the muddy adventures ahead Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 17:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Mogsareus

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pietermac

Hopefully you have found the excellent threads on this site that deal with this problem. I did this job myself just over a year ago and recorded progress on this site. I reply because I see you are in Scotland and if you are in the S.W. part as I am I would be happy to render help.
Lenny89

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i’m In same boat also and looking for guide on this can’t find any info regarding this on line based in Cumbernauld
Mogsareus

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome Lenny.

There is quite a bit of information on this job on this site, my own saga runs to 5 pages but there is a more recent and better one which includes some photographs of the work in progress.
If you want someone to talk to I am down in Castle Douglas.
The ease of the task will be relative to your experience in working on vehicles and facilities to carry out the work.
2004 Shogun 3.2 Did 71k. UK Model - won't start , is the title of my own experience.
To confirm that the fuel pump is at fault, remove air cleaner and spray 'easy start' into the inlet manifold, if the engine runs its  the pump.
Determine why the pump has failed, remove fuel tank , if the filler pipes and breathers have corroded and the tank is dirty you have confirmed the problem.
The actual change of the fuel pump isn't that bad  - if you've done it before and have nimble fingers.
It involves radiator out, valve cover off, inlet manifold and injector pipes off.
Careful alignment of timing marks and keeping everything clean.
Regards

Simon DENHAM
Lenny89

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi simon

Yeah its definitely the pump it started fine with easy start also tried to get it to start with a direct feed from a diesel drum incase the tank\filters where clogged its still the same issue am going to change the fuel filler neck and lines and also drop the tank and clean it out ect i can use a spanner but i think the pump removal is way out my depth if am honest simon am still looking in the foum to see if i can get detailed write up of the job ideally would love a step by step guide

Don’t want to scrap the car its costing £1500 for recon pump and £400 for fuel filler and lines and filters so can’t afford garage to chagre me £££ for the pump swap
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: