QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2 batteries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sausagedog

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:32    Post subject: 2 batteries Reply with quote

Am I ok to disconnect the 2nd battery on my 2.8 lwb m reg pajero been having trouble with alternator fuse blowing had wiring checked all came back to that battery I don’t have heated seats or windows etc tried running it just on main battery and all seems fine just don’t want to continue if it will cause problems elsewhere
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

NDZ

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safe so long as you make sure the terminals and cables are insulated. Just wondering how the battery is to blame for the fuse though?
Mark3
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:37    Post subject: Re: 2 batteries Reply with quote

Sausagedog wrote:
Am I ok to disconnect the 2nd battery on my 2.8 lwb m reg pajero been having trouble with alternator fuse blowing had wiring checked all came back to that battery I don’t have heated seats or windows etc tried running it just on main battery and all seems fine just don’t want to continue if it will cause problems elsewhere

Yes and the easiest way to do this is to just disconnect the earth lead to it, this way there is no need to insulate anything  Very Happy

On a side note there is no "main battery" they both do exactly the same  Razz
Sausagedog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked fuse after taking it for a run out and the top as melted but fuse still intac had all wires tested on it yesterday for any that are earthing and came up with nothing any ideas why fuse to altinator still doing this had new alternator new belts on
NDZ

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark is correct (usually the case!) but regarding the fuse I was thinking that the second battery would lower the demand on the alternator and therefore be less likely to blow the fuse. Also, the fuse melting and not blowing suggests poor contact at the fuse holder, maybe replace the holder or see if you can clean the contacts.
Sausagedog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disconnected the battery took car for run round I have no central locking no radio no clock inside car had wires tested there is power going to them just not working looked at fuse and not blown but melted casing still at a loss
Sausagedog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sorted now changed the 100amp fuse to an 80 amp slackened off the belts and now I have a fully functional car
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: