Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Bottom radiator pipes 1995 3.0 v6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonStretton

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 22:08    Post subject: Bottom radiator pipes 1995 3.0 v6 Reply with quote

Just put a second hand engine in the gun and as normal the breaker had cut all the pipes .as I want to know is where do the 2 bottom  pies go Haynes says there transmission cooler pipes but there is a cooler at the front are they for heatng somewhere on the block?also bottom cable on the throttle body holds it open to far how do you adjust this kind regards jason
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 22:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

JasonStretton

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 14:50    Post subject: Bottom radiator pipes 1995 3.0 v6 Reply with quote

I don't know if I made myself clear on my first post I'm installi8a new radiator to my 95 shogun there our 2 outlets at the bottom of the radiator as was the old one the secondhand engine I aquied had lots of pipes missing very sorted out the rear hearing pipes ,the two main pipes at the front ,but cannot trace where the bottom utters for,I imagine they are cooling lines of some kind there are two steel pipes coming from the gearbox which go to a transmission cooler at the front next to the oil cooler but no extra pipes for the radiator.my idea is to cap off the bottom outlets fill with water and see where it Leaks also the bottom cable on the throttle body holds the throttle open to far when connected what's it for ? As throttle works fine with top cable I am not far off putting the old girl back on the road any help would be so appreciated  jason
2.25diesel

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your transmission automatic or manual?

Also, what is the model code on the VIN plate in the engine bay? For a 1995 3.0 Mk2 This code is made up of a V followed by two numbers and then one letter. The specific model is then identified by the five six or seven digit letter/number code afterwards.

With these numbers I can check the parts diagrams and may be able to help out.
JasonStretton

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 21:02    Post subject: Bottom radiator pipes 1995 3.0 v6 Reply with quote

Thank you thought no one would help I will gather the information tomorrow it is an auto
2.25diesel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your second post, am I right that you want to know what the two outlets on the bottom of the radiator are for?

Does the new radiator have a part number on the unit itself or its packaging?
JasonStretton

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 21:36    Post subject: Bottom radiator pipes 1995 3.0 v6 Reply with quote

I need to know where the pipes from the outlets run to in the Haynes manual they say that are auto transmission cooler pipes but I don't fancy connecting them to the gearbox and filling full of water ,there is already a transmission  cooler fitted in front of the aircon rad  also an oil cooler there  two steel pipes coming from the gearbox are connected to this I presume I have done the right thing
JasonStretton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 17:14    Post subject: Bottom radiator pipes 1995 3.0 v6 Reply with quote

My vintage plate says v430sj000231
2.25diesel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. V43W Identifies a "3000 LONG/WAGON"

There should be a letter code on the VIN plate starting with a G or N with five or six letters with a number afterwards. That identifies the exact model. Could you post that?
hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a look at the image it,s a typical set up for all the petrol versions..the colours match up with each other blue to blue purple to purple etc....
[img][/img]
JasonStretton

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 18:01    Post subject: Bottom radiator pipes 1995 3.0 v6 Reply with quote

Thank you so much this has really helped  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: